Any reports from Port Hope ?

Trying to plan a trip for Labor day weekend.  May try Coburg East to camp at as Victoria park cost me some parking tickets.  And was a little busy with the everyone visiting the pier right beside the trailer park.  Would have had two or three in the top ten for the week but the bait shop wasn't open for several days.  Also missed a few giants and must buy a proper sized net before the next trip!!!  Spoons and more spoons were working for me - just used the angle of the downrigger cable to guess the correct speeds and trolled in and out instead of along the drop offs at  around 100 feet seem to work.  A guy with just his dog were slaying them the whole time I was there.  Saw him at the launch alsmost everyday.  Looking for job opportunities out there so I don't have to leave!!  Coming back to Ottawa was a chore after that!

I'm in Belleville for the long weekend so I decided to take a drive to Port Hope to see.

Not much in the Ganny. There was a few fisherman up the ladder past the train track. Down by the boat launch there was people but maybe 1/4 capacity. No one had any fish on when I was there. There was still some boats docked.

I talked with the guy that runs the bait n tackle shop and he told me he hasn't seen much either. People on boats coming back with fish but not much from shore.

Hope this helps for some.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I was at Port Hope Aug 30.  No runs yet.  Fish are getting caught at the mouth of the lake.

Same thing happened on the weekend of September 6.

I am going back there this week September 13,  hope there will be more action.  Looking forward to use my fly rod.  lol