Apple Boy 5/31/14 Sodus

Had an awesome day on the water Saturday with Connor. We were out on the water by 5:30 and went 9 for 10. Our fish consisted of 1 laker 3 kings and the rest rainbows. Our biggest rainbow was about 8 lbs. Had two doubles and mostly was a rigger and leadcore bite. All of our fish came surface to 50 ft. Green was hot in the morning, then switched over to orange as the sun got higher. We were off the water by 10:30 and looking forward to fishing next week!

post-149586-0-43108400-1401816098_thumb.jpg

post-149586-0-45430000-1401821534_thumb.jpg

post-149586-0-41950300-1401833992_thumb.jpg

awesome.  What depths were you fishing? 80-120 fow or deeper?  afternoon bite has not been as good as what I keep hearing about in the morning, but I will be out Sunday around 5am, so I want to set up in the areas you and Wayne have been working.  I have a couple of newbies I want to show a good time for! :)

awesome.  What depths were you fishing? 80-120 fow or deeper?  afternoon bite has not been as good as what I keep hearing about in the morning, but I will be out Sunday around 5am, so I want to set up in the areas you and Wayne have been working.  I have a couple of newbies I want to show a good time for!

Jason,

130-160 was best for us and we were getting them toplining spoons all the way down to 120 deep riggers. 240 wire, 180 wire etc. I actually did better running spindoctors deep than spoons up high although both took plenty of shots. If you can't get them to go, run out a little deeper and fish just inside the temp break. Lots of steelies out there feeding high in the water. We did that Saturday and whacked 4 or 5 steelies in about 30 minutes. We headed back in shallower to catch more Kings. 

Edited by stoutner

Jason- Wayne and I were in similar water just I was east of him. We picked up kings from 120 to 180 but we were getting them only 50 ft down with spoons. Everything was a spoon bite for us saturday. Out in 200fow there was a 10 degree temp break with a good scum line that we were nailing the steelies just on the south side of it and getting them on flat lines, 2 color core and 8 color core.