Chaumont

Kevin J Legg

Got blown off at10:30 but not before catching 5 eyes, 3 smallmouths, 2 drum, 2 perch, and a pike. Largest eye and pike were each a shade under 9 lbs. Also 4, 5, 6, and 8 lb. eyes. Fish had alewives in their stomachs and most came off stitch baits from boards.

This post is the first i have seen fish with bait in them.  Since the opener I haven't caught a fish with anything in its belly.

Edited by Chas0218

Returned to Chaumont today and caught no walleyes. Drum, pickerel, pike and so many smallmouths I had to move out into deeper water but couldn't not one walleye. Looked like charters and others were in search mode. What a difference a couple days can make.

Returned to Chaumont today and caught no walleyes. Drum, pickerel, pike and so many smallmouths I had to move out into deeper water but couldn't not one walleye. Looked like charters and others were in search mode. What a difference a couple days can make.

Big lake. Try calf island spit

I know man! Ridiculous... I was surprised myself. Ya never know out here though... Slow day for us again targeting trout/salmon. 2 browns, 1 king, and lost a really nice steelhead just outside of nets reach. Boy they're acrobatic. It hurt watching that Blue Tux UV stingray spoon fly out of its mouth this morning! Headed out again in the morning. Good luck out there!

I've fished that area and over on Charity and other shoals on Canadian side. Did 14 walleye day last year with all big fish plus a 7.3 lb smallie last year.

I have done the same Kevin, also on a sw blow don't forget about the rocks from the tip of Stony out in 35 to 25ft with the board over the rocks with shallow divers, all the way up in between Galloo and a lime stone sucken island. Stay close to the island 30-40ft water as there is a snag around 15-20ft down closer to the sucken island continue till your up to the northern tip of Galloo. I have had some extremely good fishing in there, the best sm bass catching I ever experienced in my life. 4#+ over 100 fish we caught one day out there, with a nice mix bag of eyes. This is my go to when all else fails. Plus you have the cliffs right there also.