Doing pretty good. Lots of bass unfortunately. The pike have been a slow pick but there's some. My buddy is on the Canadian side on Wolfe island. They're slamming the fish. They're getting high numbers but says the pile are slow, he's getting mainly bass and a few walleyes.

Gonna yank the boat out tonight and trailer up to black lake for the day.

Any suggestions or tips for that lake??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I didn't get any walleyes my one buddy is up on Wolfe island with another group. He claimed they both 34". Got them on white 3/4oz bucktails with plastic worms. Were in black lake now. Not doing too hot. Missed a few bass. It's a beautiful lake

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

What a trip!!! Can't wait to go back. Ended up with 119 fish. Thought we'd do a bit better, but I can't complain.  Fished Eel Bay, Chipewae Bay, around bouy 214 on the St Lawrence and all around those islands through the cut, Lake of The Isles and spent a day over at Black Lake. Caught my first bowfin at Black Lake and a nice cattie. Tons of small and large mouth bass and a bunch of small-ish pike. No monsters like I had hoped but it was a great time. The area between Eel and Lake of the Isles is awesome. We fished some of those little pockets along that rift. the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police??) boat came by us at one point and gave us a stare, but didn't bother to stop. We were in NY waters anyway (they were too lol). Didn't get too many pictures but I'll see if I can get a few uploaded. The kid that was with us nailed the biggest smallie I've ever seen right at bouy 214. We were messing around trying to lucky with walleye, but he nailed that on a deep diving crank bait. didn't mess around trying to weigh or measure it, we wanted to get it back in the drink asap, but it was a hoss. Weeds were sparse in Eel and almost none in Chippewae. Guy at the marina at the state park said they had ice until early May and things got off to a really slow start. Thanks for all the help guys!!

Edited by MooseKnuckle VI

Sounds like you had a fun time. glad you left me some fish, LOL . I will be up there, next month for a week. can't wait. I know, I really  like the, Chippewa bay area, myself. just wish I had a boat, or could fine someone to go out with.

I have a boat......my issue is that I can't tow the camper and boat at the same time. I think I technically could since I have a CDL with doubles/triples and my camper is a 5th wheel. Not sure about NY but I know I'm legal to to do so in PA......if you wanna fish sometime give me a holler. I'm a school teacher so i'm off all summer. I work on the side during the summer but it's easy to break away.

There's a couple of shipwrecks near buoy 214 and 215. I have seen walleye in large schools with an underwater camera.

That's what one of the locals told us at the bait shop. He told us to literally tie up to the the bouys, but we didn't. We did notice a few gallon jugs with a rope on it. I assume somebody put a mooring anchor out there to tie to? Wasn't sure what it was so we didn't mess with it. Lots of boat traffic that day, we were getting rocked around pretty bad so we didn't hang out too terribly long. Maybe a half hour. We had planned to try it in the evening but never got around to it. I have yet to catch a walleye. 

Glad I found this site. Guys on here seem real helpful unlike some boards where everyone is super tight lipped. Gotta love reports that go like this "we were slamming fish today, but I can't tell you what kind, or where we fished, or what bait worked, or anything else. But we nailed em!!!" lol Thanks again to all you guys that helped make my first trip up there successful.