Raquette lake info?

I will be camping for a week on the south end of Raquette lake for the 4th of July. We will only have kayaks, canoes and spinning reels Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance. Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have had a camp on Raquette all my life, and have been fishing it since i was about 4. There is a some decent lakers and brookies on the north end of the lake, but will be tough to get to with a canoe. Your best bet would be down the south inlet, working the weed edges for bass/trout/perch or just outside of it around the weedbeds at dusk for bass. If you need any more info PM me.  

I went to school in Saranac lake we used to troll with canoes on lake Colby and lake clear not that far from raquette lake. Was all ways nice browns the two lakes are manageable size and are 40 to 60 foot deep. Lake clear has spectacular views

Sent from my LG-D800 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info guys!!! Our trip was awesome. Loons, a baby otter, and two bald eagles up

Close....oh....the bass fishing out of the canoe and kayak was perfect too!! Got ahold of a couple bucket mouths that pulled the kayak around....that's some cool stuff right there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app