Auto pilot interfering with subtroll

I installed a Raymarine x5-R auto pilot this year. I have a sub troll and my boat that has worked great for years , untill the auto pilot was installed! If the a/p is on stand by it seems to be ok but once I set it to auto the sub troll drops speed and temp goes crazy, and sometimes doesnt read any thing at all! I tried moving my power's around on my bus bar but nothing changed. I also have both units switched which are located right next to each other. Anyone have this happen?

Thanks Alot,

Matt

I installed a Raymarine x5-R auto pilot this year. I have a sub troll and my boat that has worked great for years , untill the auto pilot was installed! If the a/p is on stand by it seems to be ok but once I set it to auto the sub troll drops speed and temp goes crazy, and sometimes doesnt read any thing at all! I tried moving my power's around on my bus bar but nothing changed. I also have both units switched which are located right next to each other. Anyone have this happen?

Thanks Alot,

Matt

Really? I better check mine now that you say something... I really hope I don't have to run more wires it's starting to look like a substation with all the electrical wires!

I had a similiar issue with my new Raymarine Evolution Sportpilot.  Initially I had it wired to the same bus as my chartplotter and sonar.  When the pilot would kick on, my sonar and chartplotter would **** the bed.  Eventually to fix the problem I had to install new 4 gauge wire and a new fuse panel.  With this in place, I was able to move the autopilot, sonar, chartplotter, vhf, radio, and spreader lights all onto the same fuse panel with no problems.  Most likely you just need thicker wire up to your fuse panel to carry more current.

According to Ray tech and manual for my new evolution. You should have 2 batteries and should be wired to battery that's not on engine starter Auto pilot uses slit of juice and needs its own dedicated line from battery There will be a chart on install instructions for wiring size It all depends on how far of a run you have from battery If you run wire to smAll you'll ruin ur Ap Make sure you put an inline fuse. And add a battery of u only have one. I told them I had one battery and they told me I needed another to run long term with no problems

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Run wires direct from battery to a switch then to auto pilot leave the auto pilot switch off till motor is running then you can switch auto pilot on use switch to turn auto on and off

Sent from my XT1060 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea im pretty sure I just have to run the power wire from the switch to the battery with a inline fuse. Im going to take care of it this weekend because as of right now my boat is goin up for sale!