I'm going to troll the lower part of the river for walleyes this weekend.Any one have any helpful info would be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Pounded them a few years ago trolling the west side of Sethgreen island and shore. There's a trough that gets to ~12ft deep . We used worm harnesses with split shot, trolled very slowly since current keeps the blades spinning. Let line out slow until ticking bottom, wind in a couple  turns. You will snag now and then, just drift back over snag and the line usually pops right off. Mostly rocks on bottom . We caught about 20 that morning and a couple channel cats. I kept a couple to eat but they tatsted like chemicals. Kind of like the river smells up by Kodak. Great fights though. Very strong fish.

I will begin to run a rebel crawfish shallow diver (6 -8 ft) up the river almost to the veterans bridge.   On the west side you'll find a cement chute that water pours down (like a little waterfall).  Again, this is north of the  v bridge and about 200 yards north of the kodak building that's on the river.  You'll see a boat on a sling.  Start your troll there and watch your graph.  The structure on that west shore line is insane.  I will usually locate the fish trolling with a rebel wee r crawfish (firetiger) by holding the rod and sweeping it back and forth.   Most of the action is on the back sweep and then switch over to a worm harness and cast them. 

Rebel-Crawfish-115600_57.jpg