Port bay 6/6 evening to 6/8

6/6 evening

Started out slow but as soon as we hit our way points from Last weekend dipsy took off and we brought in an 18 lb king on a Fingerlakes tackle Protroll and an Atommik. Next few bites were skips on spoons off the riggers and one off the cheater. As soon as we were about to start picking up we hit on a 12 lb king get him in and about to pick up again and the dipsy gets absolutely smashed and rips out 200 ft of wire jumping and tail dancing the whole way. It was the hardest I have ever seen a 20 lb king fight and it was an absolute riot. Overall went 6 for 6.

6/7 morning

Well Saturday morning we were expecting a very good morning with the way the previous evening went but it was dead quiet the first hour until rods started popping. However the size was definetely not there. Our average fish was probably 4 to 5 pounds and our biggest was about 10. good mix of Kings and Cohos however and hot setups were on the riggers but the 300 copper took its fair share of fish. I just wish they were big enough to break the rubber band. The free slider on the port side rigger was definetely the ticket and took well over half of the fish on the morning. All bites came from spoons and not even a touch on the flasher fly on the wires. 

6/7 evening. We ran the same basic program from the moring with 2 riggers two dipsys and two junk lines off the boards. Only change was that we swapped out a flasher fly for another spoon off the dipsy. Action started slow but soon as the 7 pm mark hit the first rod went off that soon became a double off the 300 copper and free slider. So we get them in and two 12 poud kings take an ice bath. Throughout the rest of the morning it was a steady pick of kings and cohos ranging from 3 pounds to 19.

6/8 morning

After finding the larger fish again the previous evening we were really hoping that we wouldnt get into the little guys again and that sure didnt happen. But after being spoiled the last three trips we were heading for a disaster. As in a 3 for 17 disaster. This included three lost spoons to breakoff's or fish charging the downrigger cable. The 3 fish landed however included two 18's and a dink. Lucky for us I usually double up on spoons I buy in case of a break off and were still able to keep the same program.

6/8 evening

Well instead of fishing I decided to give the boat a good spray down and cleaning before letting her rest for the next 2 weeks. Work obligations will unfortunately keep me away for a while and the plan is to fish Sandy with a friend for the start of the summer loc.   

Good spoons were FLT SSW, DW SS Steelie Dan, FLT KOS, and an NK Mag that I dont remember the color basically silver with green tape.

Will post pics as soon as I receive all of them.

Edited by Rippin'Line