Started out in front in about 130 FOW. Slow break at about 150 and a lot of trash. Picked up a small king on the copper out 200 foot down the chute.

Headed NE and got a screamer on the wire dipsy set at 110. Nice 20 lb. class king on the glow SD. Continued East in the 160 to 180 depth and picked up a 10 lb plus laker on the other wire dipsy set at 140 on a glow green dot SD. Ran into more boat traffic heading out from Sodus and picked up a 10 lb plus Rainbow, 35 down on the DR. Continued on and got another laker on dipsy glow green at 110. Just put down a big Orange and Silver Flasher and green Fly at 50 on the DR, and it fires right away with another 20 lb class king.

Things slowed down so we turned around on headed NW. Picked another RT on the 140 Dipsy.

Double up with RT (DR and Dipsy) at 250 with the coldest water found - 43F, some trash. Wind picked up at about 11:00 so we headed back in and landed another small king while clearing lines.

All and all pretty good day. Switching the boat over today for a week of crappie and perch fishing at Black Lake - leaving next Saturday. By the time we get back, maybe a thermocline will be set up??

For anyone who hasn't been to Hughes lately, its remarkable to see the improvements - looking good. Things were getting run down a few years back - very impressive I think.

Ran two 5 color lead cores off the boards with nothing show for it. Not much bait on the screen, what there was down in the 80 foot range. Ran a DR down there for while with no actiion so moved it up to 50.

While we live fairly close by, we normally fish Sandy Creek and the Oak, While Sodus  is closer I hate launching at the Geneva Road. Launch.  It's usually busy this time of year and you have to cut across the road to park.

Used to slip at Arney's but that was with my Penn Yan years ago. 

Launch at Hughes is deep and the docks are new with improvements. Does cost $10 but it's easy, no wait and parking it right there.

I'm impressed with all the improvements there. 

norm and his family have done GREAT!!! work down there over the last few years with more improvements made weekly. guys docked there are very friendly  and there to give a hand when and if needed. just be forewarned power loading boats is not tolerated.  other than that theres a board to hang fish on for easy picture taking, easy fuel up station,  clean and secure location to put the old girl in the drink and spend the day pulling fish over the side! i couldnt be prouder of a place to call home port

I have been launching there for about 10 years. It is barely recognizable from a few years ago. Norm and the family have really started to turn the place around. My kids used to be scared to go there. Now it's no problem. Hopefully they will continue to add facilities and such. Bigger problem now will be crowds there. By the end of last season you could barely find a spot there, and the traffic around the launches (they have 2) was getting chaotic. One day I waited a half hour to launch at sunrise. Then I had to wait to get out even longer. Time of day probably plays a big part of that.

Hoping to get out this Saturday or Sunday.

Yep live there off and on during the spring-fall.  Keep the Klondike Willie there too all year.  Love the place.  Stormin is wonderful as is wife and pretty much everyone there.  The dude works from sunrise to well past sunset.  Regulars there had a field day on Sat.  I wasn 't one of them.  Still not all together jiggy with the program of this lake fishing.  Mackerel and Coles showed everyone how its done as is my understanding and those two will probably forget more than I'll ever cypher out about trolling.

Who'd athunk catching fish just below the surface over so much water depth.  Not me! 

Edited by longbow

Sorry to get back to this string after a few day off line.

I'm wondering if you Hughes guys remember my Garlock co-worker Duane Cowles? Me and Duane worked in different departments at different shifts so I didn't see him that much. Back in the 80's when I docked at Arnery's and CB's were in vouge we used to talk a lot. When I got a boat a could trailer 3 years ago I launched at Hughes for the first time in 15 years and ran into Duane who I found had just got the same boat as mine, a Lund Angler (His was Red). In the late summer before he passed away I ran into him when we were coming in and we had a long chat about fishing and Garlock. Duane was a nice guy and a great fisherman (RIP). When we were out Saturday I thought I see his red lund motoring out.