Congrats to Yankee Troller

Thanks guys! That event was FUN! The format was really cool, and to be honest the Lake Trout fishing was the most fun! I know I'm gonna take a lot of heat for that. We battled each other on the corner out and downs.

I didn't realize the fishing was that tough. We had no issues getting our bites, and we figured with all the great fishermen out there that they were getting bit too. We were shocked after hitting the scales.

Thanks guys! That event was FUN! The format was really cool, and to be honest the Lake Trout fishing was the most fun! I know I'm gonna take a lot of heat for that. We battled each other on the corner out and downs.

I didn't realize the fishing was that tough. We had no issues getting our bites, and we figured with all the great fishermen out there that they were getting bit too. We were shocked after hitting the scales.

That's the infuriating thing, Rick.  I was on a boat this close to you, presumably running a similar program, and you crushed the fish.  I saw the same last year at the Shootout, between Jolly and his buddy Lou Borrelli.  I'm sorry I'm moving - I'll miss trying to sort it out...

post-146980-0-00037000-1402366893_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mortigan

Funny thing is - I feel that I am a pretty good Salmon fisherman but not as good catching Trout. We were able to fire up our trout program and box those 5 fish within and hour or hour and a half both days. Couldn't get ANY Salmon when we switch backed to our Salmon program. I was feeling pretty down on Sunday but when I saw some VERY good Captains struggle also I felt a little bit better about our program. 

As always, learned a little bit more and will put the knowledge to use the next time. Had a great time this past weekend. Heading to the Oak to rescue my boat in a couple of hours.

Very interesting and very fun tournament.  

Congrats Rick and all of those teams that finished high up in the standings..

Edited by stoutner

Its was a tough bite this past weekend. As I watch a lot of boat around me hardly move nets. I said to my guys this is going to be a tournament where who ever finds the pod of kings wins.

Congratulations top the top guys who all placed.

Congrats Yankee Troller Team on an impressive win! Your box on Day 2 was definitely impressive given the fishing conditions most of us experienced! I'm hoping you post a report on your tactics that worked, as we tried running meat with no results. I'll post our report soon when I have a few minutes! Here are a few pics from this weekend:

post-139632-0-91554100-1402423114_thumb.jpg

Here's another great shot of the YT team at the shotgun start on Day 2:

post-139632-0-17844600-1402423304_thumb.jpg

post-139632-0-15356000-1402423142_thumb.jpg

post-139632-0-70478100-1402423156_thumb.jpg

post-139632-0-28022200-1402423211_thumb.jpg

post-139632-0-94760500-1402423242_thumb.jpg