2014 Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam - Saturday Aug 2nd

Tournament boats:
Roster2014Jul24.jpg

BFF

BFF9.jpg

Dinner at Abes

Dinner8.jpg

Hi everyone! Just a quick note to let everyone know that we will be holding the 3rd annual 2014 Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam on Saturday August 2nd!

Last year's event was bigger than ever and I hope this year will be even better. Many of our sponsors are geared up and ready to go! I've also heard from Project Healing Waters and the Veterans and Service men and women have been talking about the tournament all winter and are ready to get back out on the water!

For those who haven't been involved or are not familiar with the event, this single day tournament is utilized as a way to help wounded and disabled veterans and active duty military by bringing them out on the water and sharing our passion for fishing with them. Here are a couple of quick videos from the past events:

The event is coordinated with Project Healing Waters which is a non-profit organization dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and veterans through fishing education and outings.

The tournament rules will be the same as last year. I'll post them shortly. There is no fee to enter the tournament other than bringing one or more of our veterans/servicemen out on your team. There will be three divisions, salmon, steelhead, and brown trout. The single largest veteran/serviceman caught fish wins each divsion and there will be separate prizes for veterans and captains.

The tournament is held out of Arneys Marina in Sodus Point, NY. You do not need to be docked there, but you will need to pick up your veterans/servicemen there. If you'd like to dock there for the day/weekend call in advance, as slips run out quickly!

There will be a free barbecue after the tournament as well!

I'd like to start with opening up registration to 15 boats and may extend it if there is as much interest as there was last year.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email, IM, or phone.

Those looking to donate items for the event or volunteer your time to make this event more amazing than last year, please contact me!

A link to the 2013 event discussion:
http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/35650-2013-sodus-bay-healing-waters-salmon-slam-august-3rd/page-1

A link to the 2012 event discussion:
http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/30268-2012-sodus-bay-healing-waters-salmon-slam-august-4th/?hl=%2Bsalmon+%2Bslam

Nick Edited by Ruff Rider

Hi Nick and Theresa,

Jake and I will be back this year for whatever needs to be done.  We can help shore side, or if a captain needs a 1st and 2nd mate, we can accommodate them.

Call or pm me with your needs.

Jim

Great thanks Jim!

Hey Josh, glad to have you! I'll get a list of who has joined the tourney up soon in my first post.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey Nick - Count us in again! We've got a pile of gear from our sponsoring companies for this year's event again! Looking forward to it!!

Are you going to run a BFF the day before followed by a gathering at the Normandy Inn? If so, we're in!!

Edited by Finders Keepers

If people are interested we can do a BFF on Aug 1st. Once I'm back up at the lake I will see where we might be able to have a dinner... perhaps Captain Jacks this year?

I updated the first post of this thread with the tournament roster. Please let me know if I got anyones info wrong or missed anyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Big fish Friday is a go for Friday August 1st.

Rules are the same as last year, $50 per boat with 50% going to the winner and 50% to the Salmon Slam for wounded and disabled Veterans and Servicemen. You can begin fishing anytime after 12:01 AM and from any port, but must weigh in at Arneys Marina by 4PM.

You do not need to participate in the Salmon Slam to fish BFF.

There will be a dinner afterwards again this year for anyone who would like to come meet some fellow anglers and Vets. I'm still working on the location.

Payment must be received by Thursday July 31st. You can send me a check by mail (message me for my address), drop it off at my boat at Arneys Marina, or paypal me at [email protected].

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Edited by Ruff Rider

A big thank you to Dreamweaver who will also be participating in the Salmon Slam this year! It's going to be a great tournament for a great cause. We still have two spots open for any teams interested!