2014 Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam - Saturday Aug 2nd

Nick

Email the the list of boat names that we have so far and I will work on making name plates

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hey Mike!  The first post in this thread now has the up to date team list.  The two in yellow are TBD right now and I'm waiting to hear if they will be able to make it.  There is still one spot open as well for boat #25.

Grayden Outdoor will be joining us for the third year.  For those of you that haven't heard, Grayden Outdoor now owns Fish Hawk, Catch Cover, and Lurk Fishing!

Ryan at ITO Flies is also whipping us up some delicious looking items!

Fly.jpeg

They are awesome!! Some key features: netting is coated so your hooks won't go through the strands and get caught, small weights mounted in the bottom of the netting so the net drops into the water instead of laying on top, super deep / huge circumference, very sturdy handle that won't bend or flex... Best net available by far!!

They are awesome!! Some key features: netting is coated so your hooks won't go through the strands and get caught, small weights mounted in the bottom of the netting so the net drops into the water instead of laying on top, super deep / huge circumference, very sturdy handle that won't bend or flex... Best net available by far!!

I agree. I got one last year and it is hands down the best net I have used

Nick,

My company has stepped up to the plate again this year with some donations. aside from sponsorship they have donated all bags, and folders this year. i am also working on securing a tent for us to use as well.

Nick,

My company has stepped up to the plate again this year with some donations. aside from sponsorship they have donated all bags, and folders this year. i am also working on securing a tent for us to use as well.

Awesome Mike! Ill send you a PM.

This year's rules will be the same as last year.  If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!

1. All fish must be caught legally in accordance with NYSDEC regulations.   All entered fish must be caught in U.S waters of Lake Ontario
  2. All boats must leave from and return to Arneys Marina in Sodus Point, NY.   Vessels leaving from or returning to other ports are not eligible to participate. 
  3. All boats must sign in at the registration table in Arneys parking lot by 6:00 am on Saturday August 2nd, 2014. 
  4. Each boat will have a minimum of two participants, one of which is a tournament supplied veteran or volunteer.
  5. Veterans will arrive at 6:15am and begin boarding their designated boats.
  6. All boats will leave Arneys Marina at 6:30 a.m. and travel through the channel to the lake together, once through the channel and in the lake, boats may separate and begin fishing.
  7. All boats must provide at least one cellular phone number at the registration table.  
  8. If the lake is deemed too rough for the Salmon Slam by the tournament coordinator, prizes will be raffled off to teams who take the veterans fishing in the bay for bass, perch, etc. (Boats may take their veterans fishing on the lake if the captain deems their vessel safe for the rough lake conditions and still be eligible for the raffle).
  9. Any tournament change due to weather will be made by 6:30 a.m. on the day of the event.
  10. Fishing will end at 12:30pm.
  11. Weigh in will be at Arney’s Marina beginning at 1:00 p.m. and end at approximately 1:30 p.m. (or when all fish are weighed in).  Participants must be in line with their fish/cooler no later than 1:30 p.m.
  12. Legal fish species will be any salmon and trout, except for lake trout which must be a minimum length of 30 inches.   All fish must meet the minimum NYSDEC size limits at the time of weigh in.  Any team bringing non-legal fish to the weigh in will be immediately disqualified.    
  13. The largest salmon, steelhead, and brown trout can be used for weigh in.  All fish must be brought to the weigh station in coolers. 
  14. Scoring will be based on weight, 1 point per pound.  
  15. In the case of a tie, each captain will enter their name into a hat and the winner will be drawn.
  16. The largest individual salmon, rainbow trout (steelhead) and brown trout will each receive awards.  
  17. Each teams largest fish weighed in will receive raffle tickets based upon weight:
    • 0-9 lbs = 1 ticket
    • 10-29 lbs = 2 tickets
    • 30+ lbs = 3 tickets
  18. All participants agree to hold Tournament Committee members, Project Healing Waters, Arneys Marina, Sponsors, their agents and volunteers harmless from any liability of any nature or kind for injuries and/or damages suffered by the participant during this event. 
  19. Participants agree to grant permission to use any photographs and videos taken during the derby or awards to the Tournament Committee and any sponsors.
  20.  All fish will be examined by the weigh master prior to being weighed.  Any fish that has fungus or rot, freezer burns, clouded eyes, slimy gills and unresponsive flesh will be disqualified.  
  21. Participants agree that all decisions of the Tournament Committee are final.  
  22. No disposal of fish will be allowed at the weigh in.  All fish must be removed from the weigh in property.  Any participants disposing of fish at the weigh in property will be immediately disqualified from the tournament and any future events.
  23. All tournament communication should be conducted on VHF Channel 9.
  24. We promote open communication during this event in the hopes that every Veteran is able to fight a fish.
  25. In the event of Emergency or returning to port early, please call the tournament coordinator, Nick Allers, at (484) 302-1590.