Walleye gear for salmon?

OK.. I'm really going to give this trout and salmon fishing a shot this year! Planning to start with the early browns. Now.. I'm heavily armed for big water walleye trolling.. and I'm sure the Daiwa SG17's and 27's will work fine for browns, but are they enough for summer and fall kings? Every reel has 300 yards of 30# Powerpro braid and they're mostly mounted on 8 or 9' med/hvy rods for pulling dipsy's and boards. I'm hoping this stuff will be adequate.. but if I need to go shopping.. so be it! I do have some bigger Bass Pro Gold Cup's that are spooled with leadcore, but I'm not crazy about them. Just don't have much faith in the drag systems on them. Anyway.. this is the start of probably many questions. Thanks.. and Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

med heavy are fine ,little long for a little guy like me ,i like 7.5 but save your money for spindocters and flys.17 and 27 are ok for browns ,i might go with the little heaver 27s for the big boys just dont go nuts with pwrpro and drag==== broken rods will occure or youll just rip the hooks out ,more often the rod will go snap first,

Chris, you will probably get a number of responses on this. My first inclination is that you stated these reels were loaded with 30# power pro with 300 yards and wanted for summer usage. If the fleas are abundant that braid will load up to begin with. Also, if you did decide to try this, there are times depending on where the preferred temp of your targets are hanging that you may only have anywheres from 500-700 feet left on the spool. Is that enough? I have caught plenty of " freight" trains that could have almost spooled us. In my opinion for what it is worth, it is marginal. I would take the plunge and invest in some Takota's, and load with wire as an option. Why take the chance on losing a fish of a lifetime. As you mentioned they would be fine for spring fishery however. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Thanks for the tips! I've got a bunch of flys already tied (thanks Maniac). I had forgotten about the flea problem and braids.. although I have encountered them on Cayuga. Now.. how much wire can you get on a 27lc.. and how much is enough? I've looked at and fondled the Tekotas, but with 40+ rigs mounted in my garage.. it's hard to justify the need for more if I can get by. Thanks again, Sluggo (Chris)

it's hard to justify the need for more if I can get by. Thanks again, Sluggo (Chris)
Sell off a couple of them on Walleye Central & get yourself a nice Daiwa LC47 for your wire. You'll be glad you did when Mr. Salmon decides to take another 500' on top of the 300' you already had out. That's no joke neither. It happens. ;)