Seneca 6-6-14 thru 6-8-14

Well finally got my boat back on Tuesday after having a new long block put in her due to a crack in the block so decided after doing a few other things to her to drop her in the water on Friday night with Joe (Keepin it Reel) and head out to put a few break in hours on her meter.. She sounded great so we headed out the canal and slowly brought her up to plane... She was purring like a kitty and that made me feel so relieved that we decided to put some lines in...Trolled with kicker up west side boating a few fish but nothing major and to be honest I really didnt care just felt good to be back out there with my boat.... We picked up lines and started to head back in and about halfway back I start to lose oil pressure bring her back down to idle Joey lifts hatch and we have oil coming out so shut her down and troll 3 miles back to Watkins on Kicker. .. Talk to Marina that night and they had someone there early next morning for the Repair and they went out of there way to get the oil lines because no one had any in stock so they had them built so I could be back on the water that afternoon.. Cant say enough about the guys at Off shore Marine for everything they did ...(highly recommend them)....So out that afternoon solo to put a hour or two of break in time on her but couldn't go out with out putting a few rods down 7 color and a rigger and the seven color takes off right in the middle of a sailboat race (of course) lol and it was quite the battle steering thru all the boats and landing the nice 7.5 salmon....

Sunday I headed out at 530am with Danny from Hills Valleys and Streams on what I thought was gonna be a great day but fishing was real slow only boating 2 fish in 6 hours a Brown which Danny decided would be great table fare and a small bow.. We were hooked up numerous times early but kept losing them.. I told Danny it was him lol but it wasn't they were short striking or just smacking the spoons and not taking couldn't keep them hooked up.. Some new top secret Finger Lakes Tackle spoons took all the fish this weekend .... Overall just happy to have my ride back and look forward to seeing everyone out there again

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14023222945456_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14023225161569_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14023225456759_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14023225710857_thumb.jpg

Nice report Mike! It wasn't just you on Sunday we had to bust are butt for six bites with only 5 in the boat. One of the worst days I've had on Seneca. Glad the boat is ready to roll and that your back at it.

Nice report Mike! It wasn't just you on Sunday we had to bust are butt for six bites with only 5 in the boat. One of the worst days I've had on Seneca. Glad the boat is ready to roll and that your back at it.

the fishing may not have been the best ever but you know I sure can't complain about Sunday had a dandy of a time on the water hahahaha

Good talking to you yesterday. Next time I'll have my radio on. No more fish after we talked. 6 in the boat and 3 came home. A LL, brown and a rainbow. Nothing big. 17-18in. Had a screamer on saturday and lost it. He pulled 3 raps out of planer clip. Inline slid down to spoon and he got off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good talking to you to Brent.... Ya that area we were fishing has some decent bows floating around so I would imagine thats what you had a hold of... Thanks Brook Trout.......

Mike

The bathroom was the deal closer at the dock but buy the end of the day they had enjoyed their decision to go with the young guys hahaha

That was a great group to have out on both boats and it will be nice to get them out again. You meet a lot of great folks in this business. Sean

That was a great group to have out on both boats and it will be nice to get them out again. You meet a lot of great folks in this business. Sean

You guys always do a great job putting your clients on fish and both have great personality and knowledge of the sport and lakes and even on slow days you still give your clients an experience to remember and thats why your both top notch and that keeps people coming back for more... Keep up the great work !! You too Joey.. lol

Mike