Boat launch-Turk Rd-Seneca

Anybody who can let me know if launch is open, would like to try some kayak fishing in that area. Never fished that area. Also,Any info about the fishing there would be really appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Roy's launch is right on south Rt#14 just past Glass Factory Bay (south of Geneva Country Club) near Clark's point and it is a pay launch (not sure of price as haven't used it in many years) and it puts you right near deep water and good fishing.

I don't know if you have previously fished Seneca but just a word of caution. It is no place for a Kayak or any small boat for that matter when the wind comes up. Because the wave characteristics are shorter between waves it can be even more dangerous than the "rollers" on Lake O and you can get into major trouble in a hurry. On the good side Glass Factory bay near Roy's affords some shelter when the wind is out of the westerly directions and Clark's Point provides a bit if out of the due  south or southwest.

Edited by Sk8man

I have kayak fished Seneca many times over the past year and have heard the warnings of how quick it can come upon you, and I appreciate you're advice.

I fished lake O for 15 years and have gotten caught in some treacherous waves, and every time it happened I thought i was smarter than the marine forecast. That was my young days. Now I'm an older man who finally realises that there's always another day. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app