Tournament Results, and a HUGE Thank you to the Participants and Sponsors

WOW! What an intense event! We received a lot of GREAT feedback from all the participants, and we will begin planning out next years event very soon. We want to take this opportunity to thank all the participants, and all the sponsors who made this event what it was. We hope to see everyone back in 2015, and please help us spread the word so we can grow the event

Event Sponsors:

Reel Excitement
Rusty Lure
Runnin Rebel
Thrillseeker
Yankee Troller
Free Spirit

Ultimate Fishing Network
Mark Lewis Agency
K&G Lodge
Black North Point Breeze
Narby's
Captains Cove
4C's Marina
Lakebreeze Marina
Team Dreamweaver
Michigan Stinger Pro Team
A-TOM-MIK Mfg.
Bay Rat Lures

Rod Keyser for providing the amazing trophies!

IMG_20140608_152830939_zpsob3rlg5i.jpg

Edited by Yankee Troller

For the first event, it ran very smooth! A big pat on the back for the organizers! I will be there next year with my own team and boat! As far as the format, IMO, it could not be any better! Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to next year!

I was an observer on A-TOM-MIK's boat.  What a great crew. We had a lot of laughs on the boat and at the weigh in's and I learned a lot from Tom and the crew.  It was two days of fun, learning, excitement and anticipation.  Next time I'll bring more raspberry doughnuts and the pizzelle's.  When I observe, we eat good.

I liked not having the big fish. More money in the pot for the teams that excelled on tourney day. Anyone can get lucky and catch a big fish.

Yes but if you have a tough first day and a slow start the second day, A big fish prize gives the team hope that there still may be a possibility of winning something. It kind of sucks at about 9 am on the 2nd day when you know you have no shot at winning anything yet you still have to grind it out for 5 more hours. 

Having that chance to cash on biggest fish still gives you some hope and reason to be out there grinding away.

Yes but if you have a tough first day and a slow start the second day, A big fish prize gives the team hope that there still may be a possibility of winning something. It kind of sucks at about 9 am on the 2nd day when you know you have no shot at winning anything yet you still have to grind it out for 5 more hours. 

Having that chance to cash on biggest fish still gives you some hope and reason to be out there grinding away.

I agree. Plus it doesn't necessarily have to be a cash prize either, could be a prize pack or a trophy. It's one of those things that's always asked: who won and what was the biggest fish.

I was an observer on A-TOM-MIK's boat. What a great crew. We had a lot of laughs on the boat and at the weigh in's and I learned a lot from Tom and the crew. It was two days of fun, learning, excitement and anticipation. Next time I'll bring more raspberry doughnuts and the pizzelle's. When I observe, we eat good.

Really Jimmy?? Did you open the crate of bananas, the loaves of banana bread, the banana nut muffins and the banana yogurt?!?! :)

Seriously, I hope everyone had fun and learned something.

Plans are already underway for a bigger and better 2015 event.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I told Tom, Steph, Eric and Holly the story of my first time observing and how you spent about 1,300.00 bucks not including food and lodging.  When I told them about the look on your face and how your jaw dropped when I pulled out that big banana at the end of the day, they just about pissed their pants laughing.  All in all, we had a lot of fun.  I think we all gained a few pounds those two days.  They were a great crew. 

Edited by Jimmyi

I have to admit Jimmy you were a blast, first time that I was EVER involved ~AND I MEAN EVER~ involved in a team meeting (on day 2) that informed of checking rods more often, sharpening hooks, keeping head and spirits in the game etc etc etc THAT WAS HOSTED BY THE OBSERVER !!!

WOW !!! I'm not so sure Vince would have welcomed your authoritative words so receptively LMAO !!!

Great time and great memories were made at my teams visit to the Oak, and I'll tell you what, after playing this game for almost 20 years there truly is always room for added fun, but fair warning Jimmy be a bit careful with all your sincere advice next time you observe during your next outing (: :rofl::yes::o

Tom

I have to admit Jimmy you were a blast, first time that I was EVER involved ~AND I MEAN EVER~ involved in a team meeting (on day 2) that informed of checking rods more often, sharpening hooks, keeping head and spirits in the game etc etc etc THAT WAS HOSTED BY THE OBSERVER !!!

WOW !!! I'm not so sure Vince would have welcomed your authoritative words so receptively LMAO !!!

Great time and great memories were made at my teams visit to the Oak, and I'll tell you what, after playing this game for almost 20 years there truly is always room for added fun, but fair warning Jimmy be a bit careful with all your sincere advice next time you observe during your next outing (: :rofl::yes::o

Tom

You have to admit, we did get hook ups after sharpening the hooks.   And we ate good too. 

Edited by Jimmyi