Hey guys, Heading up to spend the weekend with my "Army" son who lives just south of Watertown. Will be bring my boat equipped with a depth raider,  Garmin 430 S which is capable of bottom cartography, and two mag 10 downriggers. Just trying to figure out a game plan; as it's been a long time since I fished "The Big O". Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Appreciate the suggestions, and will head to Oswego weather permitting. However if it's windy do you think it's too late for walleye in the black river bay area? Not really fussy about what we're fishing for. And I do have planer boards.

Stony/Henderson will heat up when the water does. That seems to be the last place for the action to heat up.  Some of the best walleye action on the lake but not as great for early salmon action.

Hey guys, Thanks for all the help!!! At least now I am focused on Oswego if it's calm or around Point Peninsula for walleye if it's not too windy. Have a pretty good handle on salmon fishing, However, walleye is going to be a real learning curve. Something I'm looking forward to learn. BTW this website is quite an asset to anyone who fishes the "BIG O"

Jim

Please thank your son for his service to our country.

The same here, I'm glad he is home safe and sound, make the best of your times. My father was a Korea war vet. And passed away 5 years ago, not only was he the best father, he was (is) my best friend!! Father's Day was tough for me for years after, then my wife and I had a set of beautiful twin girls, and now it's my turn in life to enjoy Father's Day. They are my pride and joy and I worship the ground they walk on, but I still say a little prayer to dad. Hope your day is the best ever!! PAP.

Dances with fish & Pap, Really appreciate you're comments. Just got back from my Son's place IN Black River, NY. Did not go out Saturday because of wind, but he took me out to Westview lodge for a fathers day dinner. It was really a great dinner, and nice time. He also let me know that I'm gonna be a grandpa. He has done two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. He is now a W-2, Pilot flying Blackhawks, and I couldn't be prouder. If you are interested he sent me a couple of real cool photos of him flying in Afghanistan which I would be happy to post tomorrow. AS it's been a long day.

Jim

Dances with fish & Pap, Really appreciate you're comments. Just got back from my Son's place IN Black River, NY. Did not go out Saturday because of wind, but he took me out to Westview lodge for a fathers day dinner. It was really a great dinner, and nice time. He also let me know that I'm gonna be a grandpa. He has done two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. He is now a W-2, Pilot flying Blackhawks, and I couldn't be prouder. If you are interested he sent me a couple of real cool photos of him flying in Afghanistan which I would be happy to post tomorrow. AS it's been a long day.Jim

Absolutely, if he would post a pic, I will print it out and add it to the rest of the pics I have in my man cave. I have pics of my grandfather in wwll and some with buddies in Nam, and of course dad in Korea, and cousins in the gulf and Afghanistan. I inlisted in the Marines and scored high on my test a 62 qt. went through the deal and couldn't pass the hearing test. I was bummed, and the recruiter was disappointed also, not many guys score that high. I had my MO. If everything would of went per plan.

Pap, here are some photos of my son Austin. I hope it's ok that I shall add you as  a friend!! If you ever want company fishing, send me a PM and I will give you his contact numbers. Ya can't go wrong, as he is one hell of a mechanic ifn ya ever break down.

Jim

post-155101-0-65773700-1402960630_thumb.jpg

Pap, there is more to come, but my wife is dead beat as she is bus driver and we are up 3:30 am and now getting ready to go to bed. She will forward better photos over weekend. Really glad for your support!!!

Jim