A Big Tent

Wasn't sure where to post this but since I consider it part of my fishing equipment I put it here. I've been searching a long while for a big tent to use on my trip to the Bar each spring. After alot of research and debate I went with the Cabelas 12'x20' Alaknak Outfitter's tent. I also bought the floor liner and add on vestibule. For as big as this thing is, setup was a cinch and me and Ethan had no problem doing it. The tent has more than enough room for 4 cots, card table with 4 chairs, and extra tables for cooking, etc. while still leaving plenty of room to move around. The vestibule should be a great place for exta gear, coolers, etc.. I hope I have room left on the sight to park the boat :shock: Here's some pics of it.

tent1.jpg

tent2-1.jpg

tent3.jpg

The MANIAC MOTEL! :) :)

Nice looking set-up Eric. When will you be at the Bar this year?

You guys should see how Maniac sets up camp....electric range, fridge, coffee maker...all the comforts of home. It's hardly what I would call tent camping!! I was REALLY impressed with his set-up the last time I got out there with him, and I can't wait to see this behemoth fully outfitted! Are you going to have a room to tie flies in Eric??? ;)

Thanks guys. I will even have a light switch in it. I'm still puttering around with some things to provide more comfort, but be simple and efficient to setup.

Bill, I'm scheduled for May 10-18. No fly tying room in it, I am pretty well stocked for this season ;) .

Gray, I'd love a sign..surprise me!! BTW, When are you heading up there?

Eric, how does Maniac Hotel as you originally coined it sound? I will surprise you with the rest. We will get at it tomorrow. As for the bar, I am thinking around the second weekend in May. Still trying to align my crews schedule. Think we are going to stretch it one day longer than last year. I will let you know for sure as soon as we figure it out.