Cannon Mag 5 ST Downriggers

Bought 2 Cannon Mag 5 ST downriggers with 24" fixed booms late last fall to install on my new boat.  Installed riggers during the winter, did not get a chance to use them until a couple weeks ago on a trip up to L. Ontario.

Was greatly surprised how fast the decent and ascent was on the cables.  Too fast for me.

I am looking to sell the riggers, they were used for 1.5 days only.

Bought them from Cabelas for $399.99 each.  Also attached new rod holders so each rigger has 2.

Going back to manual downriggers (Uni-troll 5).

Will sell the new riggers for $350 each.

If interested, call 716 487-6375, ask for Bob (Jamestown,N.Y.)

Or, e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks

Edited by Bob Darling

Bob,

You might want to give them a little more time...they may grow on you as you get used to them. Going from manual downriggers to electrics is a major leap and it takes time to get used to....you could be kicking yourself later. At that same point I thought my 10 A's were too fast 30 years ago :lol: I think they and I have both slowed down with time....

Sounds like I need to keep using the riggers from the replies I got.  Will do and see if by the end of this fishing season I still want to keep them or sell them.

Thanks for the responses.

Good choice. You'll get used to them. The 1st time I ever used my Cannon Mag 20 DT high speeds years ago they scared the H... out of me the first time I sent them down and brought them up so I know how you feel. Lol.

Get some 15# torpedo weights ..... They will slow down some and when the weight gets to the surface it won't make the rigger jump around it will stop more gracefully

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Bob, you'll be glad in the end you kept them over the manuals, heck wait till you'll find out how quick you can get a release, get the ball back up lure back out ball down and fish on again!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United