2015 IPA and Winter Classic Events

The dates & locations for the NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournament Series have been confirmed:

January 17 - Chaumont Bay - Team-Only Event - $100/team Entry

January 31 & Feb. 1 - Black Lake & Chaumont Bay - Full IPA Event - $160/team, $30/Open Entry

Feb. 15 - Oneida Lake - Team-Only Event - $100/team Entry

Feb. 21 & 22 - Sodus Bay - Full IPA Event - $160/team, $30/Open Entry

March 14 - TBA - IPA Invitational - $275/team Entry

NYS Winter Classic Tournament:

January 1 through February 22 on all NYS waterways - $25/angler Entry

We now have 14 weigh-in stations securred across the state for the Winter Classic Tournament. Registrations for both the IPA Team Events and Winter Classic Events will open on Augiust 1st. Open registrations for the Full IPA Events will only be taken at check-in/registration for each event. All IPA Events will be limited to 100 teams, the Invitational will be limited to 12 teams (by invite only).

Rule changes for next season:

1) Open Division anglers can bring their fish to the weigh-in stations via the ice or vehicle.

2) Disputes with just cause for winning anglers can be submitted with $500 deposit for a lie detector test to be given. If the angler is found to be guilty, the $500 deposit will be returned and the angler found guilty will be blacklisted from all future IPA and Winter Classic events.

• 1 month later...

Websites are up and the IPA site is currently being updated for the 2015 events:

www.NYSiceproam.com

www.NYSwinterclassic.com

Registration is now OPEN for both tournaments with registration forms able to be printed and downloaded from the sites. Feel free to ask questions and I'll be posting updates as new sponsors are confirmed. We will need 500 anglers statewide by December 16th in order to run the Winter Classic - a tournament based after the current LOC Derbies held on Lake Ontario with a prize structure more like the old ELSO Derbies. I don't foresee 500 as being an issue! Anyone fishing any tournaments this winter or planning on doing any fishing in NYS would be foolish not to get in this one for only $25!! Assuming all goes well this year, we will likely be adding several more weigh stations for future years.

• 4 weeks later...

We have made the decision to make the Chaumont Bay/Black Lake IPA Event a 1-Day shootout to avoid all complications. Exact timing of the event is still being worked out, but it will occur on Jan. 31st only. All Weigh-in stations for the Winter Classic now have registration forms along with the rules/regs. Get in before Sept. 1st for your chance at the first round of giveaways!!

• 2 months later...

Both the IPA and Winter Classic events are in full preparations mode! We now have online registration for the Winter Classic OPEN and the IPA will soon. This year's banner line-up of sponsors has once again made these tournaments the most sponsored events in the state. Check out all the latest with both tournaments at:

www.NYSwinterclassic.com

www.NYSiceproam.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We're hitting all the central and eastern NY weigh-in stations this weekend with NYS certified scales and tourney materials. After Sunday they will all have registration forms so anglers can register in-store, as well as online or mail-in. They will also be displaying a sign or banner advertising that they are an official weigh-in station. Also, anyone who registers in-store at any of the shops will be supporting that shop as we will be giving them a kick-back for every registration they collect! So support your local shops by stopping in and registering for NY's largest winter tournament event this winter!!

• 2 weeks later...

While we all wait for the ice to set-up, the Winter Classic Tournament will be kicking off next week!! Many anglers are planning to take to the open water to start the tourney!! Where will you be fishing? Make sure to register before 7am on the first day you wish to fish in the tournament!!

For those teams fishing the event this weekend, please get to the launch after registering as early as possible to ensure you get checked in (gear checked) and staged prior to 5am. We will not be delaying the shotgun start for teams arriving too early to 5am to get checked and staged. Registration opens at 2am to ensure there is time to get everyone processed and ready for the 5am shotgun start. 

Can't wait for Saturday! First year doing these tournys, so excited. How much ice is on the bay? I'm assuming there is enough for quads?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great to have you!! We'll be getting an update on the ice there tomorrow, but from what I have heard, 6"+ of black ice. Stay tuned! We also have set up online registration to help streamline the check-in process:

http://www.nysiceproam.com/OnlineProAmRegistration.html

Edited by Finders Keepers

Weigh-in starts at 2:30 with all teams needing to be in line by 4pm. We highly suggest the use of aeration units to help keep the fish alive - no dead fish or frozen fish can be weighed in. Try not to let the fish swallow the hook and be careful when de-hooking a fish to prevent blood loss. This rule is in place to help ensure the fish were caught on that day. I will be inspecting everyone's gear to help as well.

The fish you catch in the morning will surely be dead by 2:30. Unless you drag a bait tank behind you. Do you have problems with cheaters? I guess I don't understand how this is possible. Looks like I won't be putting tip ups out till 2:00. Perch will be fine in a bucket of water,but it will be impossible to keep the bigger fish alive! Glad I didn't pre- register for all the tournaments. I have no way to keep them alive for 6 or more hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app