cheaters and derbys

Would have been a great memorial day derby except that the winning fish wasn't turned in by who caught it !!!!! The fish was turned in by his brother while he slept.. And 2 game wardens knew it ... wasn't their job to do anything about it ....just some food for thought all winners should get a Polly graph no matter what .. funny the stories wardens will tell as they check the boats and shores of Seneca ... but then again he made it through whithout a word spoken ... yaaa derbys sure are a chance game aren't they .... now for those of you who would like to talk about it or shout its alright maybe one or two of you lost money to the second place winner in Interlaken did for sure.... honesty ya right

Edited by pokepole39

Dam your wound up. I have no direct info or knowledge of what you say so I will not bash anyone. But I will say in a Derby like the lake trout derby cheating is unavoidable. Their were more boats than I can count fishing before 6am the first day. Some may say small offence but still is cheating and all of those guys should be out of tournament. I just hope that the above post was not made on second hand or third party info because that does no one any good. Sean

It's doesn't matter who weighs the fish in. And we both took turns reeling...

You always have something to say don't ya? And it's never positive. Find a new website to post your crap!

And by the way it's the Memorial Derby, not Labor Day. Also, for the record John took the polygraph (he didn't have a choice) and passed 100%. Ya moron

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I would like to think all fishermen are relatively honest and up standing citizens. 99% of the people on this board seem to be great people and the ones that I have actually meet prove my theory is right. But Murphy's law states that their will always be one that is not the norm. Congratulations PP39 you take the prize! Now you tell everybody you won something, hands down with nobody disagreeing.

I just hope that the above post was not made on second hand or third party info because that does no one any good. Sean

I'm sorry to tell you this Sean but I'm sure it was second hand or third party info because OLE pokepole never learned how to think for himself.......

Wow! It's weeks after the MEMORIAL DAY derby and Poke is still "seething". The second place finisher from Interlaken is a very good buddy of mine and we both learned this stuff fishing together starting back in the early 70's and I was with him at the awards ceremony and he told me that both he and the derby winner were given (separate) polygraphs and asked very pointed and detailed questions concerning their catches and behavior while doing it and they both passed with flying colors.....should be "case closed". There have been dishonest instances in the past and some suspected as well but when things have been checked out as best as they can be and come up "negative" you have to forget the "conspiracy stories". These guys who won were reportedly within the guidelines of the derby and legally catching a great fish and all of us enjoyed their account of it and are very happy for them.

Thanks Nick! It's people like pokepole who make enemies on the water for no reason.. He is obviously a cry baby. John, Tom, and I have the utmost respect for fellow fisherman who put their time in and share the same love for fishing. If anyone else we knew won it, we would be pumped that someone who fishes just as much as we do that's also a local took it home this year!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not a south Seneca lake issue that is for sure....those guys are great. ....despite my busting pre-derbies :lol: