cheaters and derbys

ya a southern issue lmao .... by sharing the rod it was cheating alone but whatever lmao ... ya I cant fish either took money 3 yrs ago and just cry .... as far as rabbit and I cant think for myself funny old man he is ... ohhhhh now I have enemies on the water to what pray tell will I ever do ..... 7 and 8 lbs were easy all 7 days and no I cant fish either ... and I run a little boat please don't run me over .... ok glad you are all so tolerant have a great summer ...

Anyone else see the view count on this thread? This has over 1,200 hits in less than 24 hours.  That has to be a record!

Its like some sort of reality TV show drama.  Everyone wants to know who is going to say (type) something mean into the little box and maybe put one of the :mooning: in there for added effect.  I have checked this several times today.

Don't know happened labor Memorial Day weekend and don't really care but that thread line got me to look.  I don't even play dollar 1st fish, 1$ big fish, 1$ most fish.  Good luck guys.

We used to do predator hunts, after winning a few, and despite passing a lie detector test there was always someone crying foul! If both brothers were entered, nys regs followed, AND passed the test whats the issue? Congrats to the winner!

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hello.  My buddy (thanks Les)  turned me on to this website.  I`m the fella who came in second place in the derby with a 15.23 laker.  I can`t speak to the validity of what happened with the fella who came in first except to say I say him running down to the chamber to get his polygraph taken.  I assume he caught the fish according to the rules cause he passed the test.  I was also given a polygraph, and if the winner was asked the same questions I was, he either was the worlds best liar or he was telling the truth.  I chose to believe he was telling the truth.  Do I wish he didn`t make it in time for the test?  Hell yes, I wanted to win.  Bottom line, I`ve been around long enough to know that in order to be a gracious winner, a guy or gal has to know how to be a gracious loser.  I`ll be out there again next year trying to be a gracious winner.

Hop, catching a 15# Laker in a derby or not certainly doesnt qualify you as a loser. The premise of this entire thread is BS with no substance brought about by some hick who crawled out from under some rock down South. He's nothing but an embarrassment to the fine and gracious southern folk. His personal ignorance doesnt even allow him to see that. Fortunately he does live in the south far enough from here for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hop - I know some fisherman around my area ( I live in Ovid), that are your age, that say your the best rig fisherman around. You constantly catch monster trout and my hats off to you! I hope I see you in the top spots next year..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Redeye87 has it right.....and I have been fortunate to have seen the evolution of it first hand...right from the old days of us still fishing through the trolling era...Hop has surely paid his dues and spent the time necessary to get things to this point and not just from applying all the newest"gizmos" either. :lol:

Nicely said Hop, your a real gentleman, I too  live in the Ovid area and look forward to meeting you in the future. I also happen to be personal friends with the 3 fellows in that boat that day, matter of fact Correy is one of my closest friends. These boys have alot of fun and take thier fishing very serously, they did a great job!!!!! enjoy your win guys, you deserve it!!  as for pokie poley or what ever his name is what goes around comes around, just saying.

Hop nice fish. 15 lb lake trout don't get caught every day. pokepole39 probably thinks you lied but you don't really need to care about pokepole39 he's not even from around here.

: ) Thank you, and have a nice day.

OK ......I've watched this thread since first posted. Have also noted how well and easily pp39 can get under folk's skin in the past. I just think he's one of those guys that has always been that way......contagiously annoying; sort of like Pigpen in Charlie Brown, with always some cloud of dust around him. This exact type of response has been generated by pp39 in past years in LOU. Wise up. I know there is a lot of angst in the world (and always has been). But if competition was won fair and square as deemed by the judges and witnesses (and yes there can always be cheating and rule bending attempted), winners need not get bent out of shape because of some boo bird. You won or placed and, like a foul called in a basketball game, rightly or wrongly, if the ref called it, no matter how much you may protest or whine, the call will not be reversed! ......BTW, r y'all (southern drawl.....) sure he's not from Alabama... NY......?  :P   .....Yeah, pokepole39 does know how to "get something going"....... :dull: