cheaters and derbys

OHHHH YOU FELLAS HAVE IT RIGHT ..I DO LOVE TO RUFFLE FEATHERS BUT IT WAS A SIMPLE WHAT IF POST ... AS FOR FISHING HAVE FISHED SENECA LAKE FOR WELL OVER 40 YRS AND HUNTED DUCKS AND GEESE ON IT BEFORE MANNY OF YOU WERE BORN.... AND ONE OF THE OLD BOYS WHOACTUALY KNOWS WHAT COPPER IS AND HOW TO USE IT .. IT WAS A NICE FISH THE BOYS HAD FOR SURE NEVER DISSPUTED THAT ... HAVE PLACED IN THE DERBY SEVERAL TIMES AND NEVER THOUGHT TO WORRY TO MUCH ABOUT WINNING IT OUT TO FISH..... SO FOR YOU DUMMIES WHO THINK I CANT FISH ... YOUR WRONG ... AS FOR MAKING ENIMIES ON THE WATER IF THAT IS HOW SOME FEEL OR NEED TO FEEL FINE... SO HAVE A GREAT SUMMER FISHING AND GOOD LUCK ... BUT PLEASE DONT RUN ME OVER IN MY LITTLE DINGY MAYBE I CANT SWIM EITHER ..... YA.LL COME BACK NOW YA HEAR ....OHH A NATIVE NEW YORKER LMAO HAVE FUN

lodi

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I want to thank everybody for their kind words and support.  I usually like to "fly below the radar", but decided to reply to this thread cause it kinda of involved me.  I`m sure "Polkpole" is a good guy who just wanted to express his opinion too.  Now I would like to suggest to the guy who runs this forum to think about deleting this thread and putting it in the wastebasket where it belongs. 

wow what a hornets nest this has stirred ....I would like to bring forth one point ..I never meant to hurt tommy of his brother it was a what if ..... if I was not told this story by a game warden how would I have known any of it ... I don't fish with them or they me ...it was a female and male game warden checking docks on sat their were a total of 8 of us that were told this ...I do apologize to Johnny and tommy for the hard feelings ... and wish all a great season for sure ...and as far as being a southern redneck have fished Seneca over 45 yrs and remember the days you could walk on smelt... also good with copper... to those that posted an honest post thank you ... to those that made threats thank you ... to those that simply stated an opinion thank you... and good luck fishing ... to those who have stated I have enimies on the water thank you but please don't run my dingy over .... I have apologized to tommy and not sure who Johnny is on hear .... dang seems a lot of you had to keep up with it though .... the dumb southern ass lmao

It takes all kinds... gotta ignore most of it.  People tell you the craziest things about fishing.  Last week I was talking to a guy about the Carp Derby in Waterloo.  He said he's been fishing it for 20 years and "everybody knows" the winners catch and pen carp for years before "catching" them to win the derby.  The winning fish are generally mid to upper 30's in weight.  

I asked this guy, who had been fishing this same spot for 20 years, how big a carp he's caught and if he ever placed.  He says "I never caught a fish over 15 lbs out of here, these guys are definitely cheating."    I'm thinking "or maybe you could switch spots?!?!"  In this case he would rather think someone else was cheating than re-think his own strategy.   At least I learned where not to fish for the derby!

Thats hilarious hermit! I asked a guy at the launch the other how he did...he says otisco USED to be good for walleye when they stocked it and before the tigers! You shoulda seen his face when I showed him pics and explained the current stocking program. Guys just assume that because they struggle it cant be done! I hear so much BS that simply is incorrect!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My son is high performing autistic.  When he loses it is because someone cheated (even Nintendo).  We are working on that.  I blame everything that goes wrong on my wife so I am coming to the conclusion that If I had gotten tested as a child that I might have been the same diagnosis.

I'll just continue to fish for fun, no drama, no polygraghs, just the fish, and me.

Enough BS in life anyway w/o adding to it, during something one enjoys. :shake:

True for me too.  I never realized that weekend warriors needed to take a polygraph.  It would be funny if the examiner didn't ask him about the fish but rather off topic personal questions.

OHHHH YOU FELLAS HAVE IT RIGHT ..I DO LOVE TO RUFFLE FEATHERS BUT IT WAS A SIMPLE WHAT IF POST ...

What if what??  Seems to me you accused these fellas of breaking the rules (cheating), period!!  For someone who speaks of his age and experience (proclaiming to be an accomplished fisherman yourself) the way you have in previous posts, I would think you would act more mature and have more class. Is this truely how a man of your age gets his kicks?

dang another mouth that doesn't know me running at the spout... hell you have the easy part over running your mouth and since you say fellows my age you must still be suckling a boob .... therefore I guess you know the ones accused personally or their families because I know both but thanks for you vast knowledge little fellow  

This is a PM sent to me from ol POKEPOLE.

I don't have to know you to see you were accusing these men of cheating but later said you like to ruff feathers and it was only a what if. My point being GROW UP...act your age. I don't know any of those you speak of, or their families and it's very possible I'm older than you.

Like my buddy Hop suggested this thread should be yanked...it has taken on a life of its own....lets get back to sport fishing....