Omc wouldn't go over 3000 rpm

I posted two weeks ago my trophy 2460 went from running great to wouldn't go over 3000 rpm and plane out, but ran pretty smooth. Took it to Dave Oschman in Kendall and can't thank everyone enough for that referral. Super nice guy, and was honest he was buried but met his time frame he told me. Ended up being distributor and points. So $116 to diagnose, clean and re gap, re timed motor, and fix my trim and on and on. Nice to meet an honest mechanic you can trust. So we're taking it back in in a couple weeks and he's changing it over to electronic ignition. Highly recommend him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes sometimes things are kinda like the news... we hear about the negatives but there are all sorts of positives out there that go without mention. Good to know that info and it sounds as though you got lucky as far as the problem too :)

Glad to hear you resolved your issues. Points are foolproof, if they are clean and replaced regularly. I toyed with the idea replacing my ignition with electronic, but decided to keep it simple and stay with points. Always had a spare set with me.

Cheers...Jake