Bow fishing

Saw a lot of fish splashing around on the backside of Long Pond on my ride in this morning.  To be more exact the south side area on the other side of the parkways.  Must of seen 15 or 20 active ripples.

I have a bowfishing rig I bought, but never do it because I cant figure out what to do with the dead carp? I know I would love the hunting of them...but then what? They have been out in full force since the carp season opened here on Otisco. Water is crystal clear now too! Wish I knew someone who had a use for em...they dont bother me enough to just kill em and then fill the dumpster here. Plus the mess on the boat must be unreal!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Never done it myself.  Kind of like you, bow fishing for Carp is not a catch and release game.  But I have no issue with someone doing it if the have a use for the carp or the carp are over burdening the body of water they are in.

Use them for fertilizer for our food plots, we will till over them mid way through next month. Has anyone been on senica or Canandaigua lately and see any spawning activity? I've been seeing them Along pond as well in the morning

Edited by mw254

Yea as much as id enjoy it im definitely not hauling a truckload of carp from the lake to hunting camp! The farm we lease does a fine job of putting in crops! Ill do it when i find someone who will take em.

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Justtracytrolling......i'm fishing with pike freak at the july tourny on otisco. i'll bring my bow up. i'm set up to shoot. I love shooting those big ones!!! i'll give them away to people who eat them, or just fertilizer. i like the idea of using it for food plots for deer. sounds like a plan! thanks for the input guys