Seems that Walleye are getting a lot of attention these days

Patriot

Chas they would be extinct if they fought like a sportfish AND tasted amazing! Lol.

Patriot

Any lake with alewives has a surface bite...you just have to find it...bomber long a in blue prism is the best stick I know of...my son got 1 on a walk the dog bait in Tennessee shad last night!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You mean those Bombers from the 90's? I used them for trout trolling

I mean this bomber...you can swim it like a wake bait rod tip up on the best nights...or slow roll it rod tip at 3 oclock or down on nights that they wont hit surface well.

Try walleye tacos or fajitas! Any recipe with chicken works just dont overcook.

post-151276-14029545601005_thumb.jpg

I like perch best as they are a little firmer and can be used in more ways than crappie. That said if they are fried I doubt many people can tell the difference between the taste of most good white fleshed fish. I find the difference is more of a texture thing. I too take the dark meat and lateral line off walleye and other larger fish. I also like pike and it works well for grilling,

I mean this bomber...you can swim it like a wake bait rod tip up on the best nights...or slow roll it rod tip at 3 oclock or down on nights that they wont hit surface well.

Try walleye tacos or fajitas! Any recipe with chicken works just dont overcook.

Yes, that's the one. A have a bunch of this color. It was good for browns, back in the day

Believe me gentlemen, once you hit 60+ the 9,000 taste buds you now have start to atrophy and fish taste likes chicken!  At the rate I am going, I won't even have to filet them any more. Just skewer the wlole fish on a stick and stick over an open fire.  :)

For freshwater caught fish I am also a believer in perch #1. Also have had some great catfish fillets caught by a friend from Tennessee and sent up to me. No, they were not store bought-farm raised, which aren't bad. And had some really good pike or pickerel fillets, baked in more than one method. Like BSmaster said, where a fish was caught can make a huge difference in taste. Never had an issue with any perch caught anywhere, anytime....always tasty! BTW if freezing any fish, or any smaller piece of game such as backstrap medallions or steaks, seems that surrounding meats in some water before freezing will keep the flesh mint. Especially if you don't get to it for months or even years (that's right...years!). Use a freezer bag and fill it out with water so as to fully encase the flesh in ice. It's a moisture thing. Rinsed out half gallon waxed cardboard milk or juice containers (an old trick read about from before zip bags were handy) work the same......BTW, small 6 inch trout of any type from a stream, just gutted and pan fried with heads on in skillet with butter salt and pepper (maybe a bit of garlic in some form) can be #1 when available,,,,they are so-o-o much easier to fix than the perch......

Must have been a fluke by I landed 21 walleyes on my first 7 trips on Otisco last August on a spoon rigged on a 12 foot cheater, three feet above the ball.  Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes I guess, but from my limited experience, the suspended walleyes don't seem to be ball shy whatsoever.  Catch them on Oneida all the time even closer to the ball.

:yes: Caught them 3-4" off the ball on Oneida before with huge consistancy, repeatedly.

All this talk about cooking fish gets me jonesing to hit otisco sunday. I like the pannies better from there than from onieda or ontario bays. And if i can get another eye to smash a crawler harness *bonus

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app