Tough bite Saturday morning!

Splash down 6 am. Running a 2 and a 3 color core on inline boards. A probe rigger with a sliding cheater. Went 4 for 6. Core doing the landing, cheater I am sure doing the missing. 2 bows..2 lakers. D W S S blue dolphin doing most of the work. Tons of cotton and some grass as well. East side 54 degrees on top. West side 55 degrees 50 ft down.....transition time for lady Seneca makes for a tough morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No bad Andy thanks for the report..........

we got out late nephew , granddaughter and my son......granddaughter froze (lol) east side south  came back thru one area but only picked fish up going south. We went 9 for 15 or so boxed 3 landlocks and two bows biggest fish was the first landlock  @ 21" . 

I have dedicated rods for certain amounts of core. My 2 color core for example is a level wind reel with a mono backing of which the board is clipped on. (A few ft behind the core)The 2 colors of core are Willis knotted to the backing and 30 ft of fluorocarbon leader.

If you are using the Church inline board tighten down the screw on the pinch pad and slide the line to the the very back of it

Put the line through the coast lock and close. Crank the screw down in the pinch pad and bury the mono backing as deep in the pinch pad as you can. Ideally you do not want the pad to "release" and slide. You want to reel the fish in and remove the board when it gets near the end of the rod. If you continue to have a problem with

The board releasing prematurely there is a rubber and trick you can try.

Rubber band your line right to the board in the pinch pad using a small rubber band that way it cant slide back .. Just reel board in right to the boat and break rubber band and pull board off... Easiest way to keep those boards from sliding back to fish... If you in the Elmira area stop in to Hills Valleys and Streams Monday thru Thursday 3 til 6 and I can show you and hook you up with the rubber bands you need .... Good Luck

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app