.....I was fishing Bronte on Thursday and went 11 for 13. All Kings. Good quality fish. Fish were between 12 and 22 lbs. ........if you find a school of fish stay on them. The seem to be all together.

New leader in the GOSD out of Bronte 33 plus.You guy have some big fish there NOW go get them boys

I was out Fri and Mon night.

A couple shakers and the odd high-teen fish for me...no 20+ Kings out of Bronte yet this year myself

Also no real pattern, picking up random fish at different depths and speeds, keep changing things up until you see something catch more than 1 fish in under an hour hehe

20140718_193711.jpg20140721_184638.jpg

Edited by tonyb

We caught 4 fish between 6:30 and 8:30 am in 80 fow, about 40 to 50 ft down last weekend.

The biggest was 15 lbs, but we had a monster hit that broke the 40 lb leader at the knot just after that.

We had the exact same thing happen to us last Saturday morning.  Right at the knot.  Must be a monster out there somewhere. 

Same for me Friday - 5 hours  for 2 shakers and one 8lb rainbow along with about 10lbs of seaweed on the lures

Does anybody know what causes the flesh in the rainbows to be a pale grey/off white color rather than the normal pink color.

The normal pink fleshed ones are good for the smoker, while the grey ones are coon bait (inedible)

Wish there was a way to tell the difference  while netting so that I can release the grey ones and keep the good ones.  They both generally  look similar on the outside

New to Lake Ontario United, but being fishing Bronte out of Burlington for 3 years now.

Went out on the 26th,

Lost a 20+ boat side at 9:30 am... in about 110 ft of water.

After that went 3-5 on a bronze colored spoon all in 97 ft of water, biggest 10 pounds.  

• 2 weeks later...

Was out monday morning first thing with the "part timer" and went 1 for 4 before 6am . Could not get all the rods set up before they were hit , as it was non stop action from 530-6.  fish hitting hookless fly teasers and releasing balls and dipsy, but not hitting  fly with hook.

I was going to put a hook on each teaser fly , but the "Part timer" told me it was against the law , and you were only allowed so many hooks per line ( not sure the number) but we left it with store bought fly which is a treble and single.

We had 5 more fish hit the teaser fly but were only able to bring in one  20lbs on the cheater of all things.

good luck.

We fished both Sat and Sun before light til' noon. Saturday one teener and a 20 with a bunch of shakers, did our damage east of Bronte in 200 Ft spoon bite strictly, green was king as usual. Plenty of early AM knock offs could not figure out the reason. Sunday was all shakers landed, lost a screamer on a white flasher and fly, spectacular while on, partner said his nerves were shot after he reeled in the tackle. I said that is the reason we keep coming back!

It is a far cry from last year, has anyone figured out the cause of this dramatic change?

It sure is a lot worse than last year.  It's the slowest I've seen in 20 years.  Cold winter, late spring and the water isn't as warm as other years for the first week of August looking back at my notes from other years.

Out today at 5:30am - 10:00am and landed 3 shakers and 2 rainbows (about 5lb each) and lost another big rainbow.  Most of the fish were in the muddy water at 140' .  Only saw one boat with a decent king on today.  

Hopefully things improve in early September