Seneca 6-14-14

Few guys from work have been asking to get out and one of them happens to be getting married next month so what better of a little pre wedding present than a day of fishing... We headed out of Watkins and planned on setting up right out side of chute but garbage everywhere in the water so had to go to west side and wait to get in some cleaner water...We finally find it and get set up with the full spread of Dipsys cores coppers riggers... We get into a small bow right off the bat but other than that it was slooooooow for about 2 hours after that .. Noticed the surface temp was down almost 7 degrees from last week and looks like lake may have turned over... Marked a ton of bait and arches on the Lowrance but they where a bit finicky for a while but stuck at it and im glad we did because about 10 o'clock it was game on we doubled up twice and caught many quality Landlocks and browns and lost one monster bow on a three color pulling a FLT Over reactor. .. We ended the day about 1 o'clock going 14 for 17 small cores and coppers where the hot ticket once the action picked up and we pulled off the GRAND SLAM TWICE and had a happy bunch of fisherman already asking me when they could go again lol.... Finger Lakes Tackle did all the damage... Blue alpha alewives chicken feed and a couple spoons Bobby made for me that need to go into production but I dont want them too lol... The boys forgot there cooler so had to rig up a stringer to hold some of there dinner fare as you will see in one of the pics...

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-148405-14027918571217_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14027918678245_thumb.jpg

post-148405-14027918904012_thumb.jpg

Wow what a day, that was an awsome early batchler party with a lot reasons to tip a few cold ones. Nice catch and nice report.

Nice Mike....WTG

we got about  a mile or so south of Smiths Park and we were in and out of crap off and on. They were all pretty cold by then so we pulled up and went back..... didn't take long with the new ride...

Grandson and I went out Sat morning. Went 12 for 13, all browns. Weird day, couldn't put a hook in anything but a brown. All on smaller spoons. Silver with some orange and all orange or red were the best. No hits on the lower spoons on the riggers 55 to 70 but did take a few on the cheaters. 5 colors off the boards took 7 or 8. Best was pushing 9 lbs. I don't know the lake but we went north from Watkins to get out of the debris. About 5 or 6 miles up there is a railroad bridge on the west side with a creek coming in. that was our spot. Caught all our fish within a mile of there. Hit the dock just behind the Iron Duke boat and saw them carrying a few fish. Other than all the cotton in the water we had a good day.

Thanks guys ... Its was a great day and yes Rabbit it was def chilly... Blacksquirrel nice report glad u guys had some great action too.... The point with the rail road bridge and waterfall was Glenora thats always a good spot...

Mike

I didnt have a probe in yesterday but surface was any where from 52 in Watkins to 58 degrees by time we got to Glenora... Best bite was from 15 to 50 ft of water ...

Mike

I wouldn't bring those FLT spoons to Cayuga they won't work:D....

Great stringer... I tried to warn the fish in Cayuga but they probably won't listen....

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

Hello Mike. Did well today. 13 for 13 and brought 8 home. 4 lakers, 2 LL, 1 brown and a rainbow. I ran your play book from yesterday. Right on the money. One of my best days with the Arima.

Brent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hello Mike. Did well today. 13 for 13 and brought 8 home. 4 lakers, 2 LL, 1 brown and a rainbow. I ran your play book from yesterday. Right on the money. One of my best days with the Arima.

Brent

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome Brent glad you guys had a great fathers day... I have a few more spoons Bobby is gonna have to make for everyone. .. Reel Stories had a amazing day out there too looking forward to his report as well...

Mike