Best leadcore

We've tried them all. The Suffix is nice, but recently we've been running the Stealth Core, which I believe is made by woodstock. It's very easy to work with when tying knots. We haven't broke it on a fish the last two seasons we've run it, and it happens to be a stealthy color. 

Ive used different kinds and they all are very. Similar in quality. I havnt run into any bad core. Dont know if this helps. To save $$ i like the bulk packs from cabelas.

X2 I like it and have no trouble with it.

I only use Suffix 832 advanced leadcore on anything over a 3 color.  It only comes in 18lb, but the dracron is much stronger than that.  It sinks deeper and takes up less space on the reel.  Ive dragged bottom already in 60 feet of water with a 10 color.

The fish don't care about what the core looks like in the water as you're running a longer leader. I use the Cheapo 27# Cabelas stuff and it works awesome and have never had a failure. You can view my video from two weeks ago and it speaks for itself about our success with the cheaper lead core line. 

I cannot get much deeper than about 40' down at a typical salmon speed (2.3-3.0 mph sog) with ten colors and the Smart Troll data published last year supports that. I'm not syaing it isn't true, but I cannot believe someone got down 60' with a ten color at this speed.

Keep it simple - they all work,

Chris

Paul MY copper has metallurgy qualities that allows it to blend in over time with the particular water color you happen to be fishin' !!

So it fits the bill perfectly where-ever you use it

C'mon dude..l... How soon you've forget after all the time I spent with you a few short years ago explain'n such (:

Tom

I use suffix. Nice tight weave which is nice for the willis knot. Ive tried the store brands but they dont last as long and i recently rigged some mason for a friend and found that tough to work with. Not a very tight weave... I'm sure they fish the same.

Tuf-line microlead. Small diameter takes up less space on the reel.

I've been using this line since the beginning of the year, I absolutely love it for NH lakes. I use mooching reels for it oppose to level winds. This season I've even spliced a couple colors on a downrigger rod to save the hardware of the rigger when chasing big lakers.

Steve

KJ Louise

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 years later...

i'm from the east coast and the highest quality lead core we have used is gudebrod we were sad to see them go out of business tried several others problems included colors fading badly line breaking especially at the knot.we normally use 18lb. i'm going to try tuf line micro line next as it's made in the usa like gudebrod and hopefully we will get similar performance.by the way look on these forums because lead core is not a popular technique in our area

• 4 weeks later...