Humminbirg side image sonar

Don't waste your money on side imaging. You get a lot more for your money without it and prob rarely use it. Only time I use it is trying to locate structure River fishing for bass or striperd It helps eliminate a lot of unproductive water. But cost a lot more

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Depends on what you do! I would give up every electronic gadget I have for my SI....but I troll structure with big boards and its the only way to follow structure when you want the boat to be 100-150 feet off of it. Trout trolling on lake O...cant imagine youd need it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have the humminbird 798 SI combo. I use it split screen (depth/SI) trolling for walleyes or casting for bass. Let's you follow the shoreline contour and is helpful to stay the right distance away from mid lake structure. I don't use it all that often but a nice feature to have. Sometimes I will use it conjunction with the navionics to pinpoint humps etc. Great unit. I don't think there is that much difference in price and it was found money...never use it the Great Lakes. Can't see a need for it out there. Probably useless in 200 FOW. The Navionics chip is a big help...saves the hassle of referencing hydrographic charts for the most part.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United