a priceless fathers day at hughes

1 upgrade in boat = a few $$$$

1 boat full of bells, whistles, shiny's, of all size's and colors= a few more $$$

that boat + son's and the farther that taught them how to do it= pricless

started yesterday pre fishing for today and did a bang up job on "dads" brown's going 20 for 24 in nothing over 50 fow .all done on top lines with bright oranges and yellows for the most part. we even put 2 outstanding browns over 12lbs for the loc board into the new 225 outrage. and let me tell you all what going from the little narrow 18 ft pen, to this... what a dream ride.

we got dad to the boat and got set back up to do the do again and found a big fat goose egg. after hunting for browns and temp for a couple of hrs we pointed north to search for a screamer. after riding out to 220fow with nothing to mark  the screen started to show some color. working hard and long in 220-280 we started hitting some steel head in the top 40ft. we where able to pick up a few with the best being 9.8 steel head for dad on the 200ft copper with a pearly gates pro king. well the dinner bell rang, the lines came in and the dipsy ranger headed to home port. this had to be my best day of fishing in a really long time even going screamless.     

Edited by crumcake1223

hey talked with you guys at the launch sunday afternoon nice to meet you guys. we had a slow pic in the same depth of steelhead and lakers!! water temp sucked from what it was a week ago when it was startin to set up nice. I will be out later in the week. congrats on your two big browns!! :yes:  :yes: :yes: . 

mike

John,

First that is great that you had such good fishing with the kids and then your dad on father's day and I saw both fish on the leaderboard.  Second... welcome to the club.  I love my 225 Outrage, just the perfect size for the family and fishing.  I am sure it will hold up better for Sodus Pro-Am...althought how you made it thru last years, I will never know.  Gas mileage on the outrage is great.  I think I am averaging 1.25-1.4gph, depending on how far you have to run to start.  I moved to Sodus this year, so its a little higher than Pultneyville was, but its just a great boat.  Apple Boy has one as well and loves it, small enough to tow and handle alone, big enough to feel safe for everyone on board.  You always want a larger boat, but truthfully this boat is enough for me for awhile.  Cant wait to see you out there!!!!!  Peace and Tight Lines.

Jason