set up @ 6 am a bit east of hughes on an ne troll in 100' two riggers down 1 with a ssw stinger the other with a F\F a 225 dipsey on #2 setting with an AAF black jaw fly the other dipsey on a #2 setting 165 back pulling a watermelon fly and 2 flat lines off the boards one with a green challenger the other with a blk\silver j-11. first fish came at about 8 on the watermelon fly but came unglued after a short battle. after getting it reset the challenger fired and produced a #7lb steelhead. Turning and working west to ginna produced steelhead and a 12'' king along with an #8lb laker worked water from 100-250 and the water is cold surface temps in the mid 40s!

set up @ 6 am a bit east of hughes on an ne troll in 100' two riggers down 1 with a ssw stinger the other with a F\F a 225 dipsey on #2 setting with an AAF black jaw fly the other dipsey on a #2 setting 165 back pulling a watermelon fly and 2 flat lines off the boards one with a green challenger the other with a blk\silver j-11. first fish came at about 8 on the watermelon fly but came unglued after a short battle. after getting it reset the challenger fired and produced a #7lb steelhead. Turning and working west to ginna produced steelhead and a 12'' king along with an #8lb laker worked water from 100-250 and the water is cold surface temps in the mid 40s!

Thanks for the info Im going fishing soon out of pultneyville .Was last out friday and water was very cold .one small king on wonderbread spoon off riggers set way back.hope to see you soon today

This was my first time out this season. We started out around 7AM on a NE troll from Hughes. Had a good screen at 80' and set-up. I ran 2 flatlined on inline boards with stick baits and split shots. I ran two 2-5 color leadcore down the chute with spoons, and 2 riggers from 20-50 also with spoons.I forgot to run some free sliders on the riggers yesterday. I picked up 1 laker about 11-12# down 25' over 100' on a blue dolphin. That was it. I found a lot of cold (mid 40s) surface water, and my sub-troll broke yesterday. My screen was pretty much blank beyond 120' all the way to Sodus and out to 230'. I ran a mix of blues, greens, purples, oranges, and blacks on everything. I tried some deeper stick baits as well. I ran surface speeds from 2.2 - 3.5 on the GPS.

I did not run any flasher/fly or dipsey combos yesterday based on other reports I heard.

We did not blank, but I was hoping for a better day. Some of the reports I heard had boats catching fish next to boats that got little or nothing. It was one of those days I guess. Still, it was an easy day on the lake with nice weather and my son (in from college for the week) on board. Hoping to get out again soon now that my sub-troll is fixed, and the inaugural trip is out of the way.

Thanks to Apple Boy for replying to me on the radio. It was nice hear guys were catching fish, and I was at least in the right ballpark with my set-up.

Tom

hey tom, I think I saw you out there sunday. I was in the red top penn yan that you cut in front of, Im still trying to figure that one out. I saw you getting close so I turned right and you did too,  I turned right again and again you follow me when you had your whole left side open to you,  I finally turned right at you and went behind you,  Ya gotta give guys room out there, we are pulling some long lines and getting tangled is not fun.

hey tom, I think I saw you out there sunday. I was in the red top penn yan that you cut in front of, Im still trying to figure that one out. I saw you getting close so I turned right and you did too, I turned right again and again you follow me when you had your whole left side open to you, I finally turned right at you and went behind you, Ya gotta give guys room out there, we are pulling some long lines and getting tangled is not fun.

I don't remember seeing you. If I cut you off it was not intentional and I apologize. The only traffic I was in was right in front of Sodus. I had a few boats there that were a mirror to my every move. Could not get inside or outside of them. Had to speed way up to get around. I had several long lines out as well so I generally try to avoid other boats. Seems there are more than a few boats out there who think they have unlimited right of way. I would just as soon stay away from them. I go out of my way to be courteous, and usually end up getting pinned down by a bigger boat that wants to run his planers right across me.

Tom

Edited by tommymo

I don't remember seeing you. If I cut you off it was not intentional and I apologize. The only traffic I was in was right in front of Sodus. I had a few boats there that were a mirror to my every move. Could not get inside or outside of them. Had to speed way up to get around. I had several long lines out as well so I generally try to avoid other boats. Seems there are more than a few boats out there who think they have unlimited right of way. I would just as soon stay away from them. I go out of my way to be courteous, and usually end up getting pinned down by a bigger boat that wants to run his planers right across me.

Tom

sorry for any confusion tom. yea there a lot of inconsiderate guys out there. Hope you have a good season!