I think you guys are shooting for the stars to see a king that big this summer. There has not been anything to come close to 30 lbs on the lake yet this spring. The fall loc, maybe mid 30's this year, but with the winter we had, the fish were not packing on the pounds like they have the last 2 years. I hope I am wrong, but have not seen or heard anything yet to see any different. Good Luck out there and enjoy what Lady O is giving us this year, fish in the top 50' of water in mid June...... Unheard of!!!!

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I think you guys are shooting for the stars to see a king that big this summer. There has not been anything to come close to 30 lbs on the lake yet this spring. The fall loc, maybe mid 30's this year, but with the winter we had, the fish were not packing on the pounds like they have the last 2 years. I hope I am wrong, but have not seen or heard anything yet to see any different. Good Luck out there and enjoy what Lady O is giving us this year, fish in the top 50' of water in mid June...... Unheard of!!!!

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I kind of agree. Last Years Spring Derby weight averaged 5 lbs heavier than this years Spring Derby. I don't know if a 23 lb King will hold up but I would not be shocked if a 26 or 27 lb King makes the top 20 this Summer derby.Look at last year's weights vs this year's and it is pretty shocking. I'll weigh every King over 25 just in case :)

Might be worth big fish of the day I am still kicking my self in the butt for not weighing in the three 10-11 pound browns we caught in the spring loc

Sent from my ADR6350 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Our 24 pounder started in fifth place now it is in 12th. I hope it will be worth nine or ten gallons of gas when everything is said and done

So far "Horsin' around" team made it to the LOC list 3 times this summer. First with a 14+ pound Laker ,then a 24.1 king on 7/17 and today 7-20 with a 13+ pound brown.

The reason why I said "Horsin 'around" team is because it is always a team effort and that big empty hole under the fuel cap is the place where that prize money goes.

Edited by rolmops