Big boards for trolling

Most people wont need to go that fast for sure....just purely saying that NO piece of trolling gear is best for everyone and every application. If you troll for summer tigers or muskies you will need more speed....and if you wanna keep fishing with 1 side while cleaning weeds off the other amish boards are not suitable...or if your wife runs them in and out. There is no 1 setup that is PERFECT for multi species and multiple lakes its all a compromise.

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Decked out rocket launchers with 3 poles? Where do you fish, PAP? Some wild stories and experiences in your posts...

The Amish boards are awesome. Do they pull hard? Yes! That's exactly what you want in a good set of big boards. Cranking them in is easily achieved while maintaining speed and favoring either a port or starboard heading, and reeling in the same side you're favoring. No big deal. Sounds like many of you need to invest in some more releases. Pulling boards in 2-3 times a day is insane and a waste of time. Keep your lines in the water!

I have a friend his name is Ronnie Franks, he has a place in Oswago, and its a blast to watch the big money guys who can't unload a boat let alone load one, and yes it a status point to see who can rig the biggest rocket launcher, by no means was I pointing the finger at us fisherman as we need them, another place to witness this is in the Clayton area over a holiday. Peace brother no harm ment in any manner!!

Its cool to see how much we all love or hate our gear...once we are catching well and happy we dont mess with ANYTHING...but boy if we struggle there's nothing we won't try!

Devin,

I do enjoy messing with you and i do agree with you for your application. That being said I do quite well in my application :)

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a friend his name is Ronnie Franks, he has a place in Oswago, and its a blast to watch the big money guys who can't unload a boat let alone load one, and yes it a status point to see who can rig the biggest rocket launcher, by no means was I pointing the finger at us fisherman as we need them, another place to witness this is in the Clayton area over a holiday. Peace brother no harm ment in any manner!!

Sounds amusing to watch.  So you gonna be up north this weekend?  

I doubt this weekend as I need to finish up the swimming pool and get the water under control, we have a salt water system, but do to the fact I had to completely replace the pool because it froze solid this winter and pushed it apart, I need to get the water right before I can leave it up to my wife to take over, so I can get away. I think this weekend opens the bass season? So it could be a little nutty up there, I know of at least a half dozen guys from our area going up this weekend. I'm really shooting for the middle of next week!!! Now that the wife is home for the summer break I will have a little time. The boat is ready, I just got it back from getting it lettered ONE WORM, looks sharp, if I knew how to do pics. One here I would post a picture, maybe you could PM me with the way to do it or anyone else. I would like to put the pic. Like you have yours in the box by your name, but I'm not that tech savvy. Tight lines to you, keep on those nomadic critters as they should be on the move from here on in. PAP. PS thanks Devin.

I have homemade boards that were given to me by a retired fisherman and family friend. I haven't used them too much yet but the times that I did they pulled hard