My son and I spent the day TRYING for a nice tiger. What we got was some beautiful follows and 1 hook up on an upper 30's. Water was flat and CRYSTAL clear finally! I couldnt even get a follow throwing bucktail spinners, spinnerbaits, jerkbaits and flukes. Cody had all the action on a havoc perch swimbait and a weighted swimbait hook...of course he only brought 2 and the first tiger ripped 1 in half leaving me trying to copy with no luck. He had 3 big follows an 2 dinks. I wanted him to vary speed more, but couldnt say much as he was doing way better than me...and he doesnt always listen...lol! Gorgeous day and gorgeous fish...we needed a go pro on the trolling motor and we would have had awesome footage. Someday...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It's always better to see fish than nothing at all! Was there a particular type of structure they were holding on or was it pretty random?

Gonna be out there Friday afternoon/evening before the musky opener and was hoping for some clearer water than the last time I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Action was in front of turtle bay...just lost a giant! Couldn't contol it and got cut off under boat! If it was light i coulda netted him. Epic fight...hooked 2 more! 1 straightened hooks landed another. Big eyes n bass too

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-14029851020548_thumb.jpg

Nice job old man! New it was picking up even tho i couldnt get em to go. Ive gotten several at night without TOO much trouble...but not in 2 fow...they are insanely fast when they cant go down! Have you been using your gopro?

Edited by justtracytrolling

Nice job old man! New it was picking up even tho i couldnt get em to go. Ive gotten several at night without TOO much trouble...but not in 2 fow...they are insanely fast when they cant go down! Have you been using your gopro?

i was alone today so the go pro was on the outboard for fish pics. After i got some i put it on the trolling motor. I played with one of the small fish in front of it but failed to turn it on. I need more practice with the wi fi remote. I did manage to link it to my phone so i could see underwater on it.

Old man, MY PLEASURE! Id like to see more sharing amongst anglers. Bottom line is an accurate fishing report helps guys time trips. We all want to be on a lake when its ON! I travelled around for 20 years and got really sick of being lied to by tackle shops and other fishermen. So I help now that im fortunate enough to have a setup that allows me to fish enough to be able to help.

I had a gopro on board a couple times that a friend brought. I have a one track mind when a fish is on and i couldn't remember to turn it on etc. I hate to have cool gadgets be cumbersome when it comes to putting fish in the boat. Problem is after the fish is in the box or released i wish ihad the footage to share! Just gonna take practice like everything!

My number one rod is a 9' st, croix. Overkill most of the time but great for figure eights. My backup is a 7' pete maina rod from bass pro. It's a fine rod. I had a 7'6" two piece maina rod that snapped at a really bad time. Before my mortgage was paid off i caught plenty of fish on stiff 6'6" bass rods that cost 20 bucks at walmart. I used 17 lb trilene xt then and never felt overmatched. Just took longer to get them to the net.