Noob in training :) Hello all and big TY to Joetroller

Hello all , my name is Michael im from Canisteo ,NY i am new to the whole concept of boating with downriggers and big game fishing. I have been camping at Fair Haven State Park for the past 25 plus years. ( A Grandpa passed down tradition) I have always enjoyed boats and I have a 15 ' Crestview that has proven to be a great little boat for my needs. I am able to cross into the pond for bass fishing , but also can enjoy the lake on not windy days. I am new to the deep style fishing just recently added manual downriggers , spoons, flashers , dodgers ect to my tackle. I have yet to catch any fish with this gear but i am patient so my time im sure will come. While camping this past weekend with faimly i had a few great things happen. I ran into a great fellow on the bayside dock name joetroller who was a great help to me on some ideas for my next lake adventure. Thank you Joe. Also i had a uncle that just gave me a new boat ( 23' Scorpion 211 chris craft). I am so excited about being able to go a bit further than my 15 footer can in the lake. Although this new boat needs some work im sure i will give it all my best effort. I come back to Fair Haven the week of June 28 - July 6 th and am looking forward to seeing , watching and learning from all of you out there on the lake. Thanks so much for having me to the forum  and look forpost-155455-0-73717700-1403002335_thumb.jpgpost-155455-0-70885100-1403002343_thumb.jpgward to maybe meeting some of you on the water. Thanks Michael