Otisco 6-17 great night

Got to fish with my son for a second night along with rnsurfnturf's dad Paul. Got setup about 1030 and immediately started catch largies and a few smallies. Like clockwork the walleyes came in about 12 and we picked off 5 from 23-28 inches from 4 to 9 lbs. I caught my first ever little walleye here....13 inches and chunky! Just when i thought we'd limit the bite just stopped. Minutes later paul hooks up with a huge tiger! After an epic battle around the boat, motor, trolling motor, and pontoons the fish broke him off running under and rubbing the line 1 too many times on the pontoons. Then i hook up with another good fish, he straightened and twisted the treble...bye bye. Cody then hooks and lands a feisty little tiger. All n all it was a exciting night with plenty of chaos. No idea how many bass we caught, but we had 2 over 20" We also did some cursing on several misses and drops. Paul got 2 white perch and we must have set the hook on 25 plus alewives. On the way back we checked another spot and we all about soiled our drawers when another fisherman starts talking to us from his unlit electric powered (silent) rowboat as he passed us 10 yds beside us. He was skunked again he informed us...no walleye in here anymore! Cant imagine the fishing being any better anywhere! If we get 1 more weekend of bait boiling ill be ecstatic, and ready for sleep!

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-14030220012953_thumb.jpg

post-151276-14030220294354_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a awesome nite! I cant wait for my boys to get old enough to go with dad more, oldest is 3. Hopefully gona be able to get back on the water as much as the pre-kid days.  Keep on keepin on, great posts

For sure they did! Place was boiling with bait, eyes, and bass...instant ghost town! We turned spotlight on when wd were leaving and big tigers galore! Im bringing at least 1 heavy tackle setup along case it ever happens again.

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hey Justin I think that we met one time maybe a year ago at Dick's in vestal. Talked for quite awhile about musky fishing the river. You've really been on those walleyes! My buddy has a camp on otisco. When does that troll bite really kick off for you?

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Justin I haven't had a chance to give you a congrats to your year yet, I've been busy with the home projects like, staining the deck and this winter our pool froze solid and pushed it apart. Called the home owners ins. and they said scrap it and put up a new one. With me not being able to do what I used to I have to wait apon others to help me out. Boats ready to go I just need to get this other stuff out of the way. One to keep the wife happy and two the kids can't go without there pool, and it's only fair to the rest of the family to get these projects. Then I want to bring the kids up after the bass season opens, they have a blast with the smallies, last year Elizabeth caught a 3.5 lbs smallie and Emily caught a 26" walleye, so now they got the fever, they also caught a bunch of pan fish the blue gills and Rockies kept them on their toes. So deck is stained and pool is up should be complete by the weekend. Getting closer to heading north. I was disappointed I couldn't get up for what seemed like a fantastic walleye season, but once the lake sets up we will try to locate the eyes and pursue after them, see what happens, till then keep up the good work and see you at the LOU get together. PAP