little conesus creek

Anybody know anything about Little Conesus Creek that runs through Avon?  I know it hooks up to the Genesee River.  Seems like there ought to be something in there but there is no info out there on it.  Anybody ever fish it?  What fish are present? 

I take my kids down there to Papermill Rd falls for sunnies and blue gills. Huge carp in there too. I have heard of pike below the bridge on rt39 above that also in the deeper holes but surrounded by private property tough to access.

Not sure how it fishes where it dumps into the genny . There is a park spot on Rt5/20 you could canoe south to the spillway off the creek. I see gigantic snapping turtles on the creek too. :)

• 1 year later...

Trouthunter,

Do you know of any public access ponds near Avon that have fish?   I see a lot of spots on Google Earth (horseshoe pond, bullhead pond, the stone quarry near AGL homes, some spots on the Genny off the Greenway trail), Ponds off Littleville road.  Just looking for some small fishing holes near home.

Thanks,  I had heard about that pond but haven't tried b/c 1. I wasn't sure if there was special permission needed and 2.  Sounded from some like there wasn't much in there anymore.  I will have to give it a shot - it's so close.

Not public access there are farm ponds around if you see from the road I doubt the owners would object to a few kids tossing for sunnies just ask. I always opt for Hemlock from shore or Canadice alot of casting along the shore there and right now you can luck onto an occasional trout while the waters cold and weeds not bad.

Thanks,

Appreciate the heads up.  I have been out to Hemlock once and tossed a hair jig from shore for a little bit.  I will have to try again - I heard there are some bass in the south end and around points.  Maybe I will bring some plastics with me.  

Go to Canadice from shore before the weeds get up there are some deeper spots along the road you can try I have taken my kids there for years good access it's safe and the scenery is rediculous

They are getting ready to drain the DEC pond. I believe all regs are currently off on the pond you can fish for and keep any species you want not sure if limits apply. Sad to see all those fish going out but I guess they have to fix the dyke and don't think fish will make it. Check with the office to confirm but that's what I have heard.