Setting up my new 300 copper setup have a few questions on knots and rigging

Ive never ran copper before so this is new to me. First question is what knot do I use to tie the braid to copper. Second question is do I rig end of copper like I would my wire dipsy with the big clip at end? I luckily have an extra wire dipsy clip or two laying around. Also I have been using the wire clamps to rig the clip. Never had one fail but Im betting there is more of a bomb proof way to rig wire to big clip. Any help would be greatly appreciated as Im pullin out Friday for the BIG Lady O

First...wind on braid backing (minimum 450 ft).

Buy a pack of these:

http://www.fishusa.com/product/SPRO-Heavy-Swivels-SHSB?utm_source=bing_ps&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=bing_ps

Improved clinch or trilene knot for braid connections.  I like to tie in a 10 feet section of heavy mono between braid and copper for the planer board release.  They slip more easily on braid.

Copper twist for copper to swivel

(Push the copper through and leave about 3 inches of copper to twist. Now, the first twist is important it is your set twist. You need to twist this first turn very tightly and very close to the swivels end. Then make about 10 more twists as close and tight as you can, this will ensure you won't have a falure with a big fish on. Then just cut off any exess and you're done)

If the heavy SPRO swivel is too big to fit through your reel, you can down-size to a size 7 power swivel.

http://www.amazon.com/Spro-Power-Swivel-Pack-Black-Size/dp/B000SHQHWA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=12SJCQ7PQVGQG8A78S7P

Or you can do an albright knot.  But that's most likely to be the weakest connection available and prone to failure.

Have a partner help you wind on your copper.  Keep a lot of pressure on the spool.  If you have a rod mounted line counter mark it every 100 ft with tape.

Tie copper to another swivel and 30 ft of 20 lbs floro.

I use a smaller quality coastlock swivel thats small enough for a spoon.  You can attach this to a flasher too.  Or clip it to another spin dr swivel.  So you can run either on it.  With a spoon you'll get more depth.

Edited by BAZOOKAJOE