Brook Trout...America's Native Trout

Well we went up to my dad's house for the fathers day weekend and I had to get out to some local trout spots for some brookies....these fish I never get tired of! A sign of clean, cold water and wilderness....love these fish.

Small video of the action.

8d665a7f1e3e96f84ad01219e84964c7_zps44b5

2893e286438e1a39c4fc5f979c288900_zpsff92

70d685e5cdb3570e87bc6ea97efcde6a_zps382b

• 4 weeks later...

Terphunter......xellent!! Small stream trout like those beautiful brookies are found in many more places than a lot of folks realize. I catch them, along with like sized brownies and 'bows in small streams around western NY. Also they are all around in the mountains and hills of northern Ca, where I have friends and family. One need not trek deep into the 'daks or Catskills or travel miles into tough terrain to find them. Love catching those beauties. In color, they are as brilliant and tasty as the beautiful, and more "ordinary" and less revered members of the sunfish family; pumpkinseeds and bluegills come to mind (throw yellow perch in there too). There are others I have never had the pleasure of going after, such as redears, shellcrackers, longears, goldens and cuthroats..... All of these are wonderful fish that are not going to drive you crazy with monster runs (kings), endless throbbing fights (smallies), or threatening physical aspects or size (giant tarpon or tigerfish). They are just pretty and tasty, if I am in the mood to take some home (legally of course). And as you say, the environs surrounding the smaller waters these fish inhabit cannot be beat for, even if not in completely so, their "wilderness"....Thanx for the video and glad u brought the young ones along. BTW....care to divulge in what region this was filmed...? Don't have to be specific; I know plenty of places to find similar waters.... :mmm:

Yeah , that's nice. I've fished in the Pine Creek area somewhat to the west of there, and some others in northwestern Pa. I've been loathe to go to those places in recent times because of the large amount of natural gas extracting going on there (fracking). I'm not saying anything political (argument starting).....just glad you are able to enjoy and have clean environments there to take your friends and/or family to.... :yes: ....and hope it will stay that way for a long time.  :nod:

Edited by panfisher