First time out on the river. I lost a big one at the boat.

Kevin J Legg

JT I've been chasing stream trout, panfish and getting ready for smallmouths on Sat. I decided it was time to see if the eyes were around and I guess there are some to be had. Trolling with very heavy bottom bouncers and stick baits is my most productive method but definitely not the most fun way to fish. I tried bucktails and jigging spoons but they didn't produce for me today, I will continue to experiment and perhaps find other productive methods.

Gotta be tough when you combine structure AND current AND seemingly endless area to target eyes. Of course they are in current breaks, but tough to present any other way than your super heavy bottom bouncers! Good job...must have popeye right forearm!

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So true on the patterning of the eyes. It takes alot of time and patience and gas to keep on them. Way to go Kevin, it is a great fishery as you know.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Kevin......That's a nice fish. Where is your favorite (don't have to b exact) region, say within a mile or so, for hitting those 'eyes in the Larry.....? (I assume it's the St. Lawrence) ....may be taking a 1 to 2 week trip there in mid September between Cape Vincent and Wellesley Is.

I tried down there sun Kevin,only tried jigging also with no results just a couple smallies and a few gobies. This weekend is out but got a four day weekend the following weekend hope to try it again at least a couple mornings and a few nights. Hope to see you down there one of those days.

Edited by mhtrapper