Owasco Advice?

Hey All,

Heading to Owasco this weekend, probably won't do as much fishing as I'd like, but will get out for a few hours Saturday morning and Sunday morning as well.

Just want to show a few friends some trout.  Any advice on depth I should be fishing or speed I should be trolling at?  I usually fish with a dodger fly setup or sometime with just spoons.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I don't have the greatest "luck". 

Thanks

The derby is this weekend, I would try following the fleet and you'll find fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

How big is the turnout for the derby this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by codybuehler

Don't know if this will help but the bait and fish we found were associated with points out into lake, white spoons on leadcore running about 30 to 45' deep worked for us, as the morning went on go deeper for Lakers with any spin doctor with Seneca ghost fly (white) 85' deep, also try a green fly out too. 2.0-2.2 speed, turning in and out around points got hits for us on cores on inlines, #1 dipsy back 250-285 with ff also hot. 14' off dipsy with 20" flasher to fly lead. GOOD LUCK! Start mid lake go North either side, shallow first find bait stick with it....

If you haven't fished it get a contour map to find points out into lake.

Oh if you need gear stop into Hills Valleys and streams they have it all and great advice! Elmira... if you do not catch fish on what they sell you I will buy it back from you!

Seriously!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

Derby usually has about 150 entrants- easiest derby in the Fingers to cash in on. Categories for lakers, rainbows, browns, smallmouths, largemouths, pike, perch and walleye (plus kids prizes). So, the competition is usually pretty spread out.....

Anyone know when signup ends for derby? Made last minute plans to fish owasco tommorow and wouldnt mind a chance to win

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You had to be signed up by 6pm tonight, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app