advice? myrtle beach

Heading to myrtle beach in July with family. Looking at trying some fishing while there. This will be my first salt water trip. Any info would help. Pier, headboats, group trip or own charter. I seen there is a couple different ways to get out. My own charter might be hard for only 2 people fish. I'm looking for past experience, Are headboats overcrowded? Any chance of landing nice fish on them? Pier fishing any good? Bring my own rods or rent them? Charters u had good luck with? What is better (looking for a fight, ) Cobia or king mac. to fish for.

Any other recommendations are welcome too. Places to eat or go to!

Thanks

Murrels Inlet south of Myrtle Beach has a headboat that travels out to deeper water. Lots of smaller fish, longer trips out produce better.

Little River north of Myrtle Beach has head boats going out though I preferred Murrels Inlet better. Calabash NC over the border also has head boats there. Charter Boats are also available in the area. Use the internet to find out more information on these places. Ideally the better fishing is in the Gulf Stream off shore.

Fishing Piers such as at the Apache Campgrounds are fun fishing, especially when the king mackerel come ino the shore.

Coast fishing in the summer months can be hit or miss.  used to fish all up and down the east coast chasing blue fish and stripers.  unfortunately you are going to be to far south for them.  weak fish or better known as sea trout can be caught of the beach in jully especially if the coastal currents are in your favor.    Spanish mackerel are another fun fish to catch off the piers and they run just like a blue fish or striper blitz.  the biggest problem with fishing off the piers is getting the fish up on to the piers after you have caught them.  many of the piers will have guys fishing on the end of them for king mackrel and cobia and i think they rent the spot for the season.  Croker fish are very common can be caught all day long on blood worms.  they are simaler to a crappie or sun fish from up hear.  Beach fishing can be good at night and you never really know what you may catch flounders are always in the surf.  my best advice is talk with a ma and pop bait store and they will usally help you.  however summertime surf fishing usually seems to be very slow.   

also if you plan to fish off a party barge be prepared to be agrivated.  worse than fishing down town Pulaski at the height of the salmon run.  line tangles and bad altitudes.   the staff and captains are usually class acts though.