Musky fishing

Well I caught my 1st musky last year and since then it has become an addiction I have purchased 4 trolling rods 3 casting a new boat and have over a hundred musky lures I get musky hunter mag and am constantly on the internet reading everything I can so my advise don't start something u can't finish catching a musky and a successful release is the best outdoors experience one can have good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Dshart, Where do you live, closer to Waneta, Chautauqua Lakes or Niagara River.If you fish the Inland waters you should join the NY Muskies Inc Chapter 69, if the Niagara River you should join the Niagara Musky Assoc..Either club will put you in contact with other fishermen in persuit of muskies and the learning curve will be much easier.

Dshart, You must live close to me. From here, the  Upper Niagara River and Waneta lake are about the same distance and driving time. About 1.5 hours to launch. So if you want to fish for purebred muskies those are your best bets unless you want to go further to Chautauqua.

Conesus is close and good for pike but tigers are far and few between.

Otisco is better for Tigers but it is a slightly longer distance than Waneta or the Niagara.

For each location there are different tactics, baits etc. that will put fish in your net.

Also, please be prepared to release them carefully to minimize trauma to them. See the catch and release discussion at the top of this forum catagory.

Edited by muskiedreams