Cayuga Lake Spiny Water Flea

I have flea flicker all set to go on reels when it does happen but Cortland is no longer making it anymore so I stocked up on some blood run flea line that is suppose to be coated so they cant grab on... Has anyone run the blood run line yet and if so whats your opinion..

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've used Blood Run Sea Flee for last season and this one so far and it is very good at keeping the fleas off the main line (30 lb) and in my view better than Flea Flicker because it is round. On the other hand it has a LOT of stretch to it. so I pulled it off two of my downrigger reels and went back to 20 lb Big game on them for this season to compare. The 30 lb Big Game on downriggers seems like rope to me after using 12 lb for all these years even for kings so I went with 20 even though I know it may attract fleas...I can always put the Sea Flee back on them if too bad. Rusty rat you may want to just increase the number of twists in the loop before putting it in the arm of the release it solved most of it for me (some of the"slippage" may be the large amount of stretch in the sea Flee line itself)

Edited by Sk8man

Les you may get away with some McCoy mean green in 25# think your 20# will load up with any type sea-flea , my 30# Andre loads up when the fish-hook fleas show up..... so I have 30# FF ready to go on three back-up reels.........  

I have flea flicker all set to go on reels when it does happen but Cortland is no longer making it anymore so I stocked up on some blood run flea line that is suppose to be coated so they cant grab on... Has anyone run the blood run line yet and if so whats your opinion..

Mike

Mike I've ran it two years its Great! This year I am testing the 20lb sea flea from blood run (not in stores yet). So far its been great on the rigger rods will see with the fleas. The 30 lb blood run flea line is light years above the Cortland line it doesn't look like rope in the water.

Ed,

I know you are correct on that as Seneca has both types of fleas big time and I'm keeping the Sea Flee stuff handy and I always take a couple setups of the SF with me as well so I can just switch over to them but I figured it is worth experimenting to see first hand as I switched from12 to thirty and I sure know how the 12 lb worked out ....nothing like having a good fish on and not being able to reel in your line :) 

I use 25 lb big game line and still get fleas. It is like rope but i rut a 8 ft leader and cant see a difference from running all flouro on other rods. I use a big barrel swivel with a bead in front to help catch fleas from hitting leader too, which helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'm on my second year with the blood run sea flea line and will never go back to the flicker line . It has held up well it doesn't have the memory the flicker has and as mentioned above its a lot more stealthy. I spooled all my rigger rods and just run a longer leader before the little bastards get here. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've used Blood Run Sea Flee for last season and this one so far and it is very good at keeping the fleas off the main line (30 lb) and in my view better than Flea Flicker because it is round. On the other hand it has a LOT of stretch to it. so I pulled it off two of my downrigger reels and went back to 20 lb Big game on them for this season to compare. The 30 lb Big Game on downriggers seems like rope to me after using 12 lb for all these years even for kings so I went with 20 even though I know it may attract fleas...I can always put the Sea Flee back on them if too bad. Rusty rat you may want to just increase the number of twists in the loop before putting it in the arm of the release it solved most of it for me (some of the"slippage" may be the large amount of stretch in the sea Flee line itself)

Mike I've ran it two years its Great! This year I am testing the 20lb sea flea from blood run (not in stores yet). So far its been great on the rigger rods will see with the fleas. The 30 lb blood run flea line is light years above the Cortland line it doesn't look like rope in the water.

I'm on my second year with the blood run sea flea line and will never go back to the flicker line . It has held up well it doesn't have the memory the flicker has and as mentioned above its a lot more stealthy. I spooled all my rigger rods and just run a longer leader before the little bastards get here. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys I have two new rigger reels im gonna spool up tonight with the blood run 30lb and give it a go this year.. Sean let us know how that 20lb is working when they get heavy .. I def would be interested in the 20 as well

Mike