Seneca Seneca 6/19/2014

My question is, how many of you guys caught stock Lakers in the couples yrs? Its been almost 3 yrs since I caught any. And fishing getting worse on Seneca. I remember the days where I would get bored catching fish. Now I stop fishing Seneca because I got bored washing lures.

Three lakers today 2 were fin-clipped..... I targeted lakers today the old way ( well my old way ) just to see more rods going off , don't like the extra stuff ( diver+dodger ) but it was more fun than washing lures all-day...... If I had stayed with spoon like I like to do and stayed out of the cold laker water we would have had 3 or 4 hits total......

Ed, I made it out this morning. Launched out of Geneva, set up above Belhurst and headed south. Picked up a small Laker as soon as I set the rods. and continued south. Shouldn't have! Trolled to south of Roy's without marking much, so I headed back north and hit my second Laker just below Belhurst. Spent the rest of my day trolling east and west in that area and ended up with 6 Lakers and a Rainbow. Pretty even mix between a 5 color core and downrigger set to 40. Everything came on spoons. Pink and Blue Stinger early and Suttons 35 and 44 later. The last two Lakers were a double. Sutton 35 at 40 feet and a 44 for a slider. All in all a GREAT day, especially when compared to what I've been doing on Hemlock!

I had a blue Islander that I kept at a dock down at the launch. Our first trailer was the very last one in the back. Then we bought the one in the front section, back right hand corner. Lois's trailer if you remember her.