Slurp, Slurp,.....BOOM! --------- IBay. 6/19/14

devoknevo

Good going devoknevo.....Say. Ever notice how easily (and suddenly) sheephead have worked their way into the walleye and lake Ontario south shore sections of LOU? Perhaps we should make the card game of the same name a local favorite. You know. As part of the "Sheepheads Unlimited" movement. We used to have euchre tournaments and for a while it was a cool party card game. If you are not familiar with euchre, it's kind of like whist, bridge, pinochle and other trick-taking card games. Noticed the term sheepshead is another one of these type of games. Then, we can maybe get a dedicated sheephead section in the LOU..... :P

They are sheephead! There should be no forum on earth for them...just saying. I guess I'm one of the few who still would rather NEVER hook into one while walleye fishing, or perch fishing or trout fishing...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Tried again today and only had one walleye at the boat, unfortunately for me it was a ZOMBIE walleye!

It came floating past the boat, and the damn thing must've weighed at least 12lbs when it was healthy, and still alive.

*WARNING, stop reading now if you hate Sheepsheads*

The zombie 'eye may have scared off the sheepshead too as the bite was real slow for them also, only three today whilst trolling with walleye lures. Anybody want to start a forum just for Drum?

post-147894-0-47600700-1403397954_thumb.jpg

Edited by devoknevo

Well, there, gokudl3...... that disgust with sheepies is a little confounding (if it's real....). Some folks have that same feeling towards lakers, common carp (an introduced species), largemouth and smallmouth bass (trout "purists"), yellow perch even, and sharks of any kind. And, at least in California..... that state REQUIRES if you catch a northern pike anywhere, to immediately cut off it's head and save it and the body in a frozen or refrigerated state. You must call the dept of fish and wildlife and retain said severed body and head until the dept comes to you to get the decapitated remains!.... :o .....U got any relatives out there working for their dept.....? :lol:  Man, don't take me wrong.   :shake:    You have reasons for thinking lowly of sheepheads. Some reasons for thinking more highly of them......a) only fish biting... b) good fight...c) they eat zebras (not the stripes)...d) they get big...e) they can live very long...f) they are native to North America... g) a good source of humorous diversion at fishing forums...Some more skinny on the species......

Freshwater drum,

.BTW...love that avatar. It looks just like one of our cats (Jupiter)!

Edited by panfisher

devoknevo....That zombie in Irondequoit Bay? Maybe it was the result of a hooked and lost fish that was injured by the incedent. Or maybe it is the result of a sheepshead conspiracy to scare you guys from fishing for walleyes and mostly catching sheepies...... 8)    :lol:

Haha...not trying to hate or be a jerk guys! I just personally don't ever want to catch one unless it's a new record...props to anyone breaking a record! Maybe a miscellaneous forum for those beloved fish would be good

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

devoknevo....That zombie in Irondequoit Bay? Maybe it was the result of a hooked and lost fish that was injured by the incedent. Or maybe it is the result of a sheepshead conspiracy to scare you guys from fishing for walleyes and mostly catching sheepies...... 8)    :lol:

All in good fun Panfisher, and Yup, It was in IBay,

it wouldn't stop floating/following me around so I Had to leave that spot. Seriously, we've actually hooked two zombies in the bay recently, one was a perch on a minnow and a one was a whitey on a spoon! They smell horrible but the meat just falls off the bone.

"but the meat just falls off the bone".....Yep! Just like those braised and bbq'd beef short ribs we make......mmm good! .. :mmm: ...gokudl3....yeah, a forum like that "Those other fish" like they used to have in "in Fisherman" magazine. When I used to get it, that was, along with "Bits and Pieces", the first thing I'd check out. :nod: