Wannetta launch

How busy is the launch this weekend we plan on goin out really early to beet the Croud what time does that place get over run with the limited parking up there i have never fished on a weekend I'm usually one of to trucks at the launch on Monday and wensday just wondering what to expect

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

From what I have heard, there is always a bass tournament on opening day that starts at 7am and therigs are parked all the way up and down the road. So you might want to get there at least an hour earlier than that. I have a friend that will let us park at his house on the lake so we just have to do a pick up at the dock.

Unless you are fishing the tourny I would forgo opening day.  I was thinking about going to Lamoka and decided it is not worth the hassle.  Between parking and the channel it can be a headache.  I have been there to experience it firsthand.  I tried the really early thing once and those tourny guys were stacked up staging.  They have a lot riding on it and I respect that but it is the stress that I am trying to get away from - so I steer clear.

Try this website.  Plenty of great lakes in NY and not all of them have a tourney every weekend.  Good luck, Joe

http://www.wnybass.com/opentournaments/

Ditto to what BSmaster said.   To each their own but stalking muskies on tiny little Waneta in the middle of a bass tourney doesn't turn me on all that much.  And then you have the launch/parking situation...     Not tryin to scare you off, just aint my style.   Good luck if you end up goin

...and also thanks bsmaster for that link!   I avoid bass tourneys like the plague and usually check all the individual club websites to see where/when they are.  Nice to have most of them listed in one place

Opening day is a zoo but we always enjoy the looks we get from the bass guys as our lures splash and "scare away" their fish. The parking is horrendous but we get there the night before so we can get a spot and start fishing early before the tourney starts. The good thing is that you only have to compete with maybe a half dozen boats on the water going for musky.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app