Failed net jobs!

Just thinking back on some great memories out on the water and a lot of my favorite memories involved a bad net job at the back of the boat... ( those fish are always the biggest!) Would like to hear some of you guys stories that involve a poor net job!

thanks, Brad.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea, mine this past derby on Seneca. Hook got in net, all she wrote. Couldn't get fish in the hoop. Pushing 13 at least. Only thing I could say at the end of the derby, it wasn't the winner we lost. Good thing. Still remember grabbing the kicker going full throttle after it while it was flapping on the surface as if to say see ya. Poor brother. Only one that didn't get on the board. Makes you focus on net discipline for the next 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Well have a bunch of good ol net stories... Landed a good 25+ pike in irondequoit. While my brother want to real his pole in and then get the net all lazy. While I had the fish on side of boat for a good cpl min he comes over with net as soon as he goes down snip... The hog just rips the lure and swims away..I still count him haha

Last year in the fall derby LOC a rod fired. It didn't really fight so we just figured it was a small laker shaking his head. I horsed the fish into the boat, as it came to the surface we realized it was a BIG brown! the look on my buddies face when he realized we had a big fish that could put us on the board. Like chickens with our heads cut off we managed to land it and get Big fish of the day on the lake O. Alot of good memories trying to net fish. 

Last year it was just my wife and I out one weekend.  I got a nice mid 20s king which she nets and then proceeds to set the net down on the motor platform (swim platform) before the fish is in the boat.  The fish flops against the platform and takes off ripping the hook free in the net.  She said it was too heavy to lift! :)

My buddy Charlie, spread-eagled on top of his outboard, trying to net a large fish with a small net while all four limbs are flapping in the air.  Looked like he'd jumped out of an airplane without a chute. :rofl:

My buddy nets the king and it come unhooked.  As he is bringing the net to the back of the boat there is enough water for the fish to high jump over the rim of the net.  Quick release  :doh:

First salmon that my buddy and I ever caught was estimated at 30ish lbs, tried to net him with a walleye net. Couldn't get enough net on him to do anything but knock the hook out and watch him swim away. Needless to say that afternoon we upgraded the net!!

Took these kids from long island out for the day, after they stopped getting sick they started to enjoy the trip. We landed a huge 12 lbs. Brown in front of Sodus. We were all high fiving hooting and hollering. Biggest brown we have ever caught. A short time later we had another fish on the one long island guy asks can i net this one, I think sure. Hand him the net the fish comes to the back off the boat and it's a huge brown bigger than the other. I freak while the kids is fumbling with the net wraps the lure in the trailing part of the basket. I start cussing at him telling him what to do as the fish comes UNdone and the kid scoops it up. Ended up being a little over 15 lbs.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Edited by Chas0218

Yea had 2 walleyes on one double hook worm harness outa Dunkirk on erie. Cousin goes to net fish same time as my dad brings rod tip up to get em in the net and they both bounce off like it was a tramplen. was a tough day that would have doubled our catch. The stories could go on for hours since most trips for us useualy involve alcohol :yes:  :yes: